Sad Time

Not many of you youngins would now much about Indiana State's wrestling program. But one of the finest grapplers to roll in Terre Haute passed last week. Bob Dickman was from Stoughton Wisconsin. He was a 3x placer and a 1X champ. He came to Terrible Haute to be teached under Fran McCan. Bob was 4x NCAA qualifier  and 2x all American. Placing 7th and 3rd in the D1 nationals. Bob was 63 years old at the time of his passing. Bob has 6 children and 5 siblings. Please keep Bob and his family in your prayers. 

Condolences to the family.

I wish I new more of some of our state college programs, but much if that information take a big research dive. Past some of the accolades of McCan connected with Bruce Baumgartner era I haven’t heard much of Indiana States program history in general.  Nor some of other college programs either.  If one of our great IndianaMat writers has some free research time during our off season I’d love to see some articles on these forgotten college programs.  College success stories like Mr. Dickman or the development of coaching trees which spawned some of our better Indiana HS programs are way past due for some recognition.