The 2022 Spartan Classic

With the spartan classic only 10 days away here are some of the potential matches we will have the chance of watching to see if these wrestlers are at weight and the brackets lines up accordingly.

At 106  #5/#5 Kealen Fuller(East Noble) Vs #11/#1 Heather Crull(Northeastern) ( this match will be an awesome indicator for crull to see competition that she could see at state. Also  #18/#3 Gunner Butt(New Palestine) will be in the mix and will have to roll with one of these studs which will make a very interesting potential semifinal.

At 113 I see  #7/#2 Blake Byerly(East Noble) just dominating this weight and looking to claim his second Spartan classic title. Incredible that he made the cut from 120 to 113, this weight change will be huge in his success this year.

At 120 it looks to be in favor of  NR/#6 Lincoln Parsons(Greenfield-Central) , NR/#7 Bryce Doss(New Palestine) to meet in the finals. However If Angel Delony is at 120 I would not count him out of the mix.

At 126 we got #7/#3 Griffin Ingalls(Fishers) , #12/#3 Tylin Thrine(New Castle) , #14/#4 Jesus Aquino-Morales(Union County) all in the same weight and will be certified Fire! This bracket is basically NCSS in December.

At 132 you got #13/#6 Justice Thornton (Columbus North) , NR/#5 Gavyn Whitehead(New Castle) , NR/#8 Carson Whitley(Union County) , all three are very good and definitely look to see Whitehead to show out here and make the finals and definitely could win this. TBH his ranking does no justice for how good he is. Another weight that will have incredible semifinals.

At 138- this is going to be locked in for #17/#3 Brevan Thrine(New Castle) vs #18/#5 Luke Reid(Valparaiso). Look for thrine dominate this tournament.

At 145 you got  #16/#7 Asher Ratliff(Columbus North) , NR/#8 Cody Biddle(East Noble) , coming in ranked, Howe ever I see Evan wolf of Union County making some noise and busting brackets here.

At 152 I need more info on this weight but you got 18/#8 Isaiah Holden(Greenfield-Central)  coming into this tournament.

At 160 you got  #3/#1 Jeb Prechtel(Jasper) , #19/#6 John Rushenberg(Indianapolis Bishop Chatard) , NR/#6 Benjamin Fedorchak(Valparaiso). I look for Prechtel to do extremely well but his oponet in the finals could be a dark horse! That dark horse is Jordan Takara Of union county!

1 hour ago, Wrestlingfan937 said:

With the spartan classic only 10 days away here are some of the potential matches we will have the chance of watching to see if these wrestlers are at weight and the brackets lines up accordingly.

At 106  #5/#5 Kealen Fuller(East Noble) Vs #11/#1 Heather Crull(Northeastern) ( this match will be an awesome indicator for crull to see competition that she could see at state. Also  #18/#3 Gunner Butt(New Palestine) will be in the mix and will have to roll with one of these studs which will make a very interesting potential semifinal.

At 113 I see  #7/#2 Blake Byerly(East Noble) just dominating this weight and looking to claim his second Spartan classic title. Incredible that he made the cut from 120 to 113, this weight change will be huge in his success this year.

At 120 it looks to be in favor of  NR/#6 Lincoln Parsons(Greenfield-Central) , NR/#7 Bryce Doss(New Palestine) to meet in the finals. However If Angel Delony is at 120 I would not count him out of the mix.

At 126 we got #7/#3 Griffin Ingalls(Fishers) , #12/#3 Tylin Thrine(New Castle) , #14/#4 Jesus Aquino-Morales(Union County) all in the same weight and will be certified Fire! This bracket is basically NCSS in December.

At 132 you got #13/#6 Justice Thornton (Columbus North) , NR/#5 Gavyn Whitehead(New Castle) , NR/#8 Carson Whitley(Union County) , all three are very good and definitely look to see Whitehead to show out here and make the finals and definitely could win this. TBH his ranking does no justice for how good he is. Another weight that will have incredible semifinals.

At 138- this is going to be locked in for #17/#3 Brevan Thrine(New Castle) vs #18/#5 Luke Reid(Valparaiso). Look for thrine dominate this tournament.

At 145 you got  #16/#7 Asher Ratliff(Columbus North) , NR/#8 Cody Biddle(East Noble) , coming in ranked, Howe ever I see Evan wolf of Union County making some noise and busting brackets here.

At 152 I need more info on this weight but you got 18/#8 Isaiah Holden(Greenfield-Central)  coming into this tournament.

At 160 you got  #3/#1 Jeb Prechtel(Jasper) , #19/#6 John Rushenberg(Indianapolis Bishop Chatard) , NR/#6 Benjamin Fedorchak(Valparaiso). I look for Prechtel to do extremely well but his oponet in the finals could be a dark horse! That dark horse is Jordan Takara Of union county!

Luke Reid is a tough freshman . He has a win over StAte qualifier Chris Bohn already as well 

2 hours ago, Nate Spangle said:

Are brackets going to be out tonight?

Spartan classic has done the following.

• Placed it on track
  • Will be streaming on Flow
  • Will be seeded
  • Will have World Medalist running the tournament

Asking if the brackets will be posted tonight is just to much to ask for, might as well ask for Bruce Buffer to announce the finals....

JK, I am really impressed with all they have done to this tournament this year, cant wait to see the outcome of it! 

On 12/19/2022 at 7:32 PM, Wrestlingfan937 said:

I wouldn't look past Jason Shuey from Columbus North.