**Rankings Update** Girls #3

Y2CJ41

1 minute ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Explain further? Weigh-in points, power poll points, cool points?

Weigh in points as if doing boys also I believe they still can only use 18 qualifying for tournaments. We have sat our girl out of two tournaments/weigh ins for a total of 3 points so far. Hoping that was enough

Weigh-ins

Athletes can have a million weigh-ins

Participation Points

1 point for a dual

2 points for any event with 3 or more teams(duals or tournament) defined as a tournament further down

Each athlete can participate only participate in a maximum of 6 tournaments. This can be a jv tournament, conference tournament, local super dual, etc. An athlete is counted as participating whether they wrestle 1 match or 10 for that event. You can wrestle in an max of 18 duals, but usually it's split up 6 duals(6 points) and 6 tournaments(12 points).

The girls state series counts as a tournament, but only costs an athlete 2 points total whether they make it to state or just participate in the regional. The boys state series does NOT count as any points. Conference tournaments count as 2 points.

37 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Weigh-ins

Participation Points

1 point for a dual

2 points for any event with 3 or more teams(duals or tournament) defined as a tournament further down

Each athlete can participate only participate in a maximum of 6 tournaments. This can be a jv tournament, conference tournament, local super dual, etc. An athlete is counted as participating whether they wrestle 1 match or 10 for that event. You can wrestle in an max of 18 duals, but usually it's split up 6 duals(6 points) and 6 tournaments(12 points).

The girls state series counts as a tournament, but only costs an athlete 2 points total whether they make it to state or just participate in the regional. The boys state series does NOT count as any points. Conference tournaments count as 2 points.

Thanks that was my question even if I didn’t word it correctly. About the girls state only costing them 2 points 

1 hour ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Weigh-ins

Participation Points

1 point for a dual

Technically, I don’t think it is “the BOYS state series” that does not count any points.  I think it is actually a coed event, isn’t it?

1 minute ago, piscis1956 said:

Technically, I don’t think it is “the BOYS state series” that does not count any points.  I think it is actually a coed event, isn’t it?

Yes it is coed, but for the sake of explaining it on the interwebs I needed to distinguish the events and that was the easiest way to do so.