Iran wrestling news

On 10/8/2023 at 6:24 PM, Uwwdoc said:

How come?

Around this planet U20 is more prestigious… I don’t make the rules…

U23 is more of a “you couldn’t make the senior team so here is a bone”

I do think it has garnered more swag than universities ever did…

20 hours ago, FamileDoor said:

Shocking. We talk so much about akhlogh and this is how a wrestler representing our country behaves. Totally unacceptable.

1 hour ago, kmrabr said:

Shocking. We talk so much about akhlogh and this is how a wrestler representing our country behaves. Totally unacceptable.

Yes, totally unacceptable. I don't know why Iran wrestling federation should appeal the UWW decision.

Iran wrestling should be completely suspended for not competing with Israelis. It's funny, when the Palestinians and the Israelis are competing with each other, then what are we fighting for? Why don't we compete with them? For the Palestinians? They are competing with the Israelis themselves! It's so stupid, I sometimes think the Palestinians are laughing at the way we support them. Of course, we know that the goal of the regime is not to support the Palestinian people... anyway...I hope the UWW will follow its own rules.

2 hours ago, FamileDoor said:

Iran wrestling should be completely suspended for not competing with Israelis. It's funny, when the Palestinians and the Israelis are competing with each other, then what are we fighting for? Why don't we compete with them? For the Palestinians? They are competing with the Israelis themselves! It's so stupid, I sometimes think the Palestinians are laughing at the way we support them. Of course, we know that the goal of the regime is not to support the Palestinian people... anyway...I hope the UWW will follow its own 

Iran doesn't recognise the state of israel so they can't compete against them. Plus With no russia and iran Wrestling is unwatchable . 

On 10/8/2023 at 8:24 PM, Uwwdoc said:

How come?

To refine what others have said:

The United States, especially, sends a very weak team other than a random individual or two. College season is about to start and it's not historically been valued here. For those last 2 reasons, other nations' U.S.-based guys are usually missing too.

All other nations will typically send one of their genuine 2 or 3 best U23 options, however, so a medal is still significant.

The U.S. does have significant medal threats in Aaron Brooks, Wyatt Hendrickson, and maybe Keegan O'Toole.

Iran guys, if you haven't seen Hendrickson yet at 125, he's fun to watch. He's an enormous, very athletic physical specimen that gets a lot of pins. He has a very powerful gut wrench as well. He exposed Parris 4 times earlier this year but lost 12-11.

Iranian U23 Worlds team:

FS

57 - Valizadeh

61 - Mardakheh

65 - Yasin Rezaei 

70 - Bakhshi 

74 - Habibi

79 - Khorramdel (this must be a mistake? the same guy who wrestled at 60kg a few months ago at U20 worlds or just the exact same name?)

86 - Ali Rezaei 

92 - Azimi 

97 - Azarpira

125 - Masoumi

GR

55 - Ahadi 

60 - Arami

63 - Mohammadi

67 - Sohrabi

72 - Abdi

77 - Naghousi 

82 - Mohmadi

87 - Choubani

97 - Abadi

125 - Hedayati

Some new names (especially in GR) but nothing that excites me. FS team from 57-86 is really underwhelming. 

10 hours ago, The Genius said:

Iranian U23 Worlds team:

FS

57 - Valizadeh

61 - Mardakheh

65 - Yasin Rezaei 

70 - Bakhshi 

74 - Habibi

79 - Khorramdel (this must be a mistake? the same guy who wrestled at 60kg a few months ago at U20 worlds or just the exact same name?)

86 - Ali Rezaei 

92 - Azimi 

97 - Azarpira

125 - Masoumi

GR

55 - Ahadi 

60 - Arami

63 - Mohammadi

67 - Sohrabi

72 - Abdi

77 - Naghousi 

82 - Mohmadi

87 - Choubani

97 - Abadi

125 - Hedayati

Some new names (especially in GR) but nothing that excites me. FS team from 57-86 is really underwhelming. 

Habibi at 74 is listed as 125 and I’m pretty sure Ali Rezaei is 70

I hear Savadkouhi is considering going up to 86 for Olympic cycle.

Doubt he can topple Yazdani. But I admire his decision to try. Did suspect he may be too big for 74. He shouldn't have any issues with weight cutting now so should be fresh and Reza Yazdani will be coaching him, so let's see what happens.

2 hours ago, kmrabr said:

Does anyone have any vids from the Bank Shahr league match? Read Savadkouhi was up at 86 and Mohammadian went up to 125.

Yeah I heard that too. I don't think Mohammadian is gonna enter the Olympic cycle at 125 though, but I'm just assuming.

15 hours ago, danny rihani said:

War in the middle east is inevitable . The whole region is on fire. Biden threatened if iran gets involved directly  in the current israel hamas conflict the US will go to war with iran.

I disagree. Iran has no desire to get directly involved. In any event, we should avoid politics here and stick to wrestling as much as possible. 

1 hour ago, Uwwdoc said:

Albania isn't giving Iran visas for u23.

Uww moved it to Albania so Russia can come but now looks like Iran won't be there

WTF. On what grounds are Albania denying visas to Iranian athletes (but granting them to Russian, American, Israeli etc athletes)?