Iran wrestling news

Yazdani should change his strategy next time against Taylor. . He didn't score 1 single point from pushouts or takedowns in the last 12 minutes against Taylor which is telling. He doesn't want to attempt takedowns maybe cz hes scared to get into scrambles and he knows DT cardio is insane So yaz want a slow match relying on passivity point in the first period and a pushout then be on the defencive waiting for taylor and maybe try and counter him like he did is oslo . But taylor gotten better forreal and hes been active in the first period initiating his own takedowns . 

Yazdani in a bad spot now and the mental part is a big factor in DT favor.

I just hope yazdani adjust, its all about adjustments like taylor did after oslo.

55 minutes ago, danny rihani said:

Yazdani should change his strategy next time against Taylor. . He didn't score 1 single point from pushouts or takedowns in the last 12 minutes against Taylor which is telling. He doesn't want to attempt takedowns maybe cz hes scared to get into scrambles and he knows DT cardio is insane So yaz want a slow match relying on passivity point in the first period and a pushout then be on the defencive waiting for taylor and maybe try and counter him like he did is oslo . But taylor gotten better forreal and hes been active in the first period initiating his own takedowns . 

Yazdani in a bad spot now and the mental part is a big factor in DT favor.

I just hope yazdani adjust, its all about adjustments like taylor did after oslo.

What adjustments do you think Yazdani should make?

1 hour ago, The Genius said:

What adjustments do you think Yazdani should make?

Well first i think he need to work on his endurance (i don't think yazdani gas tank is a problem forreal) yazdani is well conditioned its just Taylor pace which yazdani isn't used too . Endurance is what make him hesitate to initiate his offence cz he knows taylor is a great scrambler and most likely will outlast him.

Now taylor is a complete wrestler hes probably p4p no1 rn. No weaknesses im his game but yazdani can definitely  change his approach . And i disagree about yazdani going back to what he did in the first two matches . It won't work cz taylor now is way better at dealing with pushouts and underhooks than the 2017 2018 taylor.

Now what adjustement yaz could make . I think he need to abandon being the aggressor and put taylor on the clock for 1 point in three minutes !! Thats a waste of energy. Let taylor come for him and play the counter game, once taylor realize yazdani wrestling different this time hes gonna make mistakes and go for panic takedowns which yazdani can counter .

I know its easier said then done , taylor is impressive but hes human and can be beat for sure.

Edited by danny rihani

3 hours ago, danny rihani said:

Well first i think he need to work on his endurance (i don't think yazdani gas tank is a problem forreal) yazdani is well conditioned its just Taylor pace which yazdani isn't used too . Endurance is what make him hesitate to initiate his offence cz he knows taylor is a great scrambler and most likely will outlast him.

Now taylor is a complete wrestler hes probably p4p no1 rn. No weaknesses im his game but yazdani can definitely  change his approach . And i disagree about yazdani going back to what he did in the first two matches . It won't work cz taylor now is way better at dealing with pushouts and underhooks than the 2017 2018 taylor.

Now what adjustement yaz could make . I think he need to abandon being the aggressor and put taylor on the clock for 1 point in three minutes !! Thats a waste of energy. Let taylor come for him and play the counter game, once taylor realize yazdani wrestling different this time hes gonna make mistakes and go for panic takedowns which yazdani can counter .

I know its easier said then done , taylor is impressive but hes human and can be beat for sure.

I definitely agree that DT can be beat, for sure. As with any man on earth! Lol. But not by the Irani. At this time. 

8 hours ago, Uwwdoc said:

The it's gonna be a challenge for Iran to ensure they get a quota at the weights they didn't qualify....

Considering we just need to be top 2 at the Asian qualifier:

97, Bahrain is already qualified so pretty confident anyone of our top 3 could qualify.

74, trying to think who to worry about here… Bekzod, Kaipanov, would feel quite confident Younes could finish top 2 in this field.

57, Valizadeh wrestled great this tournament, but with only Japan qualified so far this is gonna be a big ask.

6 hours ago, danny rihani said:

In terms of being less aggressive, he tried that last year in the 1st period (holding centre but not overly engaging, didn’t attempt and underhook) but Taylor had a lot of success on Hassan’s neck with heavy collar ties and snap downs. Then when he went to underhook later in the match Taylor countered excellently and scored.

Yazdani is not an out counter wrestler, and along with being prob the best mat wrestler in the world, Taylor’s packed a lot of muscle on is already big frame and is the only guy who is able to match Yazdani in the tie up.

My predictions for first 4 weights of Greco:

55:

Kabolaev is on the other side but still not a great draw for Dadmarz. Don't know how good this serb is that he got in the first round but we are in Belgrade sooo... either way his next match would be against Uzun and the match after would be Azizli. 3 tough matches in a row makes it hard to predict a medal. (No medal but points)

77:

Not sure who this Russian that MA Geraei got first is. Vlasov is probably injured but I think this is like the 4th best Russian at this weight. It's still a very tough bout for MA Geraei. After that it's an easier run till semis where he would meet Akzhol. All of this depends on if see MA Geraei of 2 years ago or the one of last year. If it's 2 years ago then I could see him reach the semis, lose a close one to Akzhol and get the bronze he usually does. If not then he could be out in his first bout. As a big fan I will try an be optimistic. (Bronze)

82:

Ok draw for Mohmadi. Huseynov, Akbudak and Gonibov all on the other side but he still got a tough quarter. First he has to face the winner of Japan (guy who beat MA Geraei in Tokyo) and Serbia (we're in Belgrade...). Then he faces Filchakov who's the toughest opponent on this side imo. Mohmadi's inexperience forces me to believe he loses 1. (Bronze)

130:

Kayaalp is on the other side to Mirzazadeh so it should be an easy silver. Even better is that Kajaia, Shchur, Acosta and Kandelaki are all on the other side as well. Only wrestler on this side I'm worried about is Oscar. He nearly got a gut wrench off on Mirzazadeh earlier this year which would have ended that match imo. I believe Mirzazadeh can gas anyone including Riza because of how hard he pushes the pace in the second, but it's hard for me pick against Riza so silver it is. (Silver)

4 hours ago, kmrabr said:

In terms of being less aggressive, he tried that last year in the 1st period (holding centre but not overly engaging, didn’t attempt and underhook) but Taylor had a lot of success on Hassan’s neck with heavy collar ties and snap downs. Then when he went to underhook later in the match Taylor countered excellently and scored.

Yazdani is not an out counter wrestler, and along with being prob the best mat wrestler in the world, Taylor’s packed a lot of muscle on is already big frame and is the only guy who is able to match Yazdani in the tie up.

Saddly i agree , Yazdani can't seem to figure out how to deal with Taylor, and i find being less aggressive is yaz only chance and he don't even have to control the center of the mat , he need to keep space and confuse taylor. 

MA Geraei beats the Russian 2-0 in the opening round.

Being 2-0 up with two passivity points then having to defend in parterre position with under a minute left is always a nervous situation lol

Mnatsakanian and Makhmudov will wrestle in the QF and the winner will face MA Geraei in the SF (if he gets there). He will have to beat one of them to medal

1 hour ago, Uwwdoc said:

Thank you very much. Doesn't seem to play for me though?

you're welcome. Maybe it plays only for users with Iran IP address. Try this one:

https://video.varzesh3.com/video/310902/پیروزی-امیرحسین-زارع-در-فینال120-kg-قهرمانی-جهان

Edited by FamileDoor

Just now, kkiane said:

What happened I was watching Mirzazadeh

He went down 5-0 then recovered to lose 5-5 

Had a late parterre opportunity, turned the Japanese once to make it 5-5, then stopped, maybe not realising he did not have criteria. Just seemed to gas and had no urgency throughout the entire match

Just now, The Genius said:

He went down 5-0 then recovered to lose 5-5 

Had a late parterre opportunity, turned the Japanese once to make it 5-5, then stopped, maybe not realising he did not have criteria. Just seemed to gas and had no urgency throughout the entire match

Unbelievable

The biggest difference between Geraei now and Geraei of old is that he gives up points way to easily. The first takedown came from Geraei taking an unnecessary risk to get on top while his hands where locked. He doesn't have the gas tank to climb out of holes.

That Ukrainian that Mirzazadeh beat is the same that beat Yousefi. He's going to be a tough opponent for a while.

Good on Mohmadi to tech a serb. I was getting last year's vibes after MA Geraei loss but at least the Serbs aren't op.