Mid-Season tournament entries

Galagore

Rule 60 governs wrestling. It does not speak to the number of athletes per team. It only speaks to the number of teams to discern between a dual meet and a tournament. You can check the bylaws online. I would assume the home site would determine the number of entries.

For years, we would go to the John Hurrle at Tech and they allowed multiple entries per school. At the seeding meetings, I had to clarify the first year, but the interpretation was that as long it is a VARSITY level event, every athlete there is considered Varsity EXCEPT if your wrestler wrestles their teammate.

For example: Wrestler A wrestles against 3 other schools, then Wrestler B from his own school, then finishes against a back-up from a different school. Wins all 5. In the sectional entry, however, he would be 4-0 with the one not counting being the one against their teammate. 

Rationale for it was that how is someone entering two athletes any different than when I dual against Zionsville, my 145 pounder had the flu so I had a JV kid in. That would still count as a Varsity win for their opponent or for that athlete if they won. 

Delineation between Varsity and JV is up to the Host. It would be on the contract the host school sends out. It is most important for sectional seeding as seeding is based on Varsity record. If the event is a Varsity event, then all matches wrestled at that event are Varsity matches. The exception would be the host site delegating a specific time/area for JV or Exhibition matches.