Richmond Regional Predictions

Wrestlingfan937

1st #16(#6) Heather Crull (Northeastern)

2nd Colin Troyer (Franklin County)

3rd Bryar Hicks (East Centra

4th Isaia Gardner (Tri)

*Crull will be dominate in this bracket and show why she is one of the best in the state boys/ girls!*

1st NR(#9) Carson Whitley (Union County)

2nd NR(#8) Bryson Hale (Centerville)

3rd Bryant Merritt (Greensburg)

4th Cole Freese (Franklin County)

* Whitley and hale faced off at TEC couple weeks back where whitley edged out a slight win over hale. I look for this one to be dominated by whitley this time around*

1st  NR(#5) Jesus Aquino-Morales (Union County)

2nd Alex Murphy (Batesville)

3rd Conner Frazier (Centerville)

4th Javier Payne (Lawrenceburg) 

* Aquino has two victories already over murphy, I dont see much changing here. However I think we will see a 4 seed take out a 1 seed here with Payne over Deloney. STYLES MAKE MATCHES.!

1st #6(#1) Blake Wolf (East Central)

2nd Gavin Lemen (Connersville)

3rd Jackson Ramsey (Northeastern)

4th Mylan Nocton (Centerville) 

* Wolf will claim another regional title this year, him and lemen faced off a few weeks back at confrence whenre wolf won. I do look for Lemen to take on 1seed out of tri Nocton in the semis and possibly have some tricks up his sleeve for wolf.*

1st #8(#2) Brevan Thrine (New Castle)

2nd NR(#10) Oshea Phillips (Centerville)

3rd NR(#8) Isaiah Otto (South Dearborn)

4th Andrew Merritt (Franklin County)

* Thrine is a stud, him and philips have faced off multiple times this season. The first time they met was the closest match they have had I believe. I llok for Thrine to win regionals. Also i look for phillips to take out 1seed Otto in the semis. This will be an awesome match!

1st NR(#9) Jake Necessary (Richmond)

2nd NR(#4) Dylan Lengerich (East Central)

3rd Kaleb Wilburn (Milan)

4th Brayden Tudor (Lawrenceburg)

* You cannot ignore the fact that Necessary took out the number five guy in the state. this makes him dangerous, extremely...*

1st #8(#2) Devin Frazier (Centerville)

2nd #9(#3) Rider Searcy (East Central)

3rd Evan Wolf (Union County)

4th Joey Hannon (New Castle)

* Frazier vs searcy what a match this will be. I made the mistake of betting against frazier awhile back ago, so this time i wont do that....*

1st #12(#5) Corbin Walston (Lawrenceburg)

2nd Jordan Takara (Union County)

3rd #21(#9) Jon Eberhart (New Castle)

4th Luke Cannarella (Centerville)

* Waltson vs takara will be a rematch from sectionals, I look for Takara to try and make some adjustments here in this match.* 

1st #11(#3) Leo Calderon (Centerville)

2nd #16(#4) Charlie Euson (East Central)

3rd #24(#9) Wyatt Maiden (New Castle)

4th Matthew Komlanc (Rushville)

* calderon is a machine that Does NOT STOP. Eaither way euson vs maiden will be sick!*

1st NR(#7) Josh Mobley (Batesville)

2nd Brayden Huber (East Centra

3rd NR(#10) Luke Tinkle (Centerville)

4th Jarred Barrett (Connersville)

* Mobley moving to 170 will pay off for him with a regional title.

1st NR(#8) David Nash (East Central)

2nd NR(#10) Orlan Foster (Connersville)

3rd Mayson Lewis (Shenandoah)

4th Deshaun Whichard (Centerville)

Nash vs foster part 3, nash has been the only one to hand defeat to foster. 

1st #24(#4) Ryan Bovard (East Central)

2nd Luke Joplin (New Castle)

3rd Alex Dance (Greensburg)

4th Chase Hamilton (Batesville)

1st NR(#9) Brayden Rouse (East Central)

2nd Colton Roth (Lawrenceburg) 

3rd Lenden Sizemore (Franklin County)

4th Levi DeGroat (Connersville)

*One sectional will take ot the other here*

1st Jackson Goodall (Lawrenceburg)

2nd Nathan Reffitt (Union County)

3rdSebastian Collins (Centerville)

4th Chase Sutherland (Hagerstown)

* Goodall won his sectional with ease, however Reffit is dangerous. I see reffit taking out collins in the semi finals, and possibly challeging goodall.* 

team champion will come down to East Central and centerville. I got 8 adavncing to ss for EC and 10 for Centerville. However I think East Central will claim alot more champions then centerville and have higher placers aswell. 

Edited by Wrestlingfan937

5 minutes ago, cfrcf2 said:

I think this is pretty accurate with a couple exceptions. Not sure if Cannerella (152) will be able to wrestle Saturday, injured an elbow at sectional.  I think Collins (285) will beat out Reffitt, pinned him at TEC.

I heard about his injury, that is why I have him at 4. Hope he can heal up and be able to compete. 

Edited by Wrestlingfan937

1 hour ago, headlockking said:

I like these picks... I'm taking Euson at 160. Kid is a sleeper, and I really think he is a contender for the NC SS title.

I agree his only losses this year have been 1st weekend of season to Ohio kid he wasn’t in shape yet from pigskin and to Law which he kept it close til 3rd period 

On 1/31/2022 at 11:25 AM, Wrestlingfan937 said:

1st  NR(#5) Jesus Aquino-Morales (Union County)

2nd Alex Murphy (Batesville)

3rd Conner Frazier (Centerville)

4th Javier Payne (Lawrenceburg) 

* Aquino has two victories already over murphy, I dont see much changing here. However I think we will see a 4 seed take out a 1 seed here with Payne over Deloney. STYLES MAKE MATCHES.!

No love for the sectional champ from Shenandoah that beat Frazier? Weak sauce, fake news

The Fallen Angel from Doah is goin to beat Jesus

Edited by Websterk149
forgot something

1 hour ago, Websterk149 said:

No love for the sectional champ from Shenandoah that beat Frazier? Weak sauce, fake news

The Fallen Angel from Doah is goin to beat Jesus

It took me a minute to get the fallen angel reference, very clever. Haha 

He is a tough kid, like I said styles make matches, Payne is solid and I think their styles will conflict with one another., let alone if he makes it past Payne, he will face Murphy that already has teched Frazier and about everyone in the 120lb weight class in the area. Deloney is dangerous but he is going to need good takedown defense to get past murphy. 

22 hours ago, headlockking said:

I like these picks... I'm taking Euson at 160. Kid is a sleeper, and I really think he is a contender for the NC SS title.

Maiden is what’s the problem, man has a drive and is really good from coming out of nowhere and squeaking out wins. Euson vs maiden is gonna be one hell of a match in my opinion

1 hour ago, AlfredoCalderon said:

Maiden is what’s the problem, man has a drive and is really good from coming out of nowhere and squeaking out wins. Euson vs maiden is gonna be one hell of a match in my opinion

You 2 have put on many great matches and looking forward to seeing how things play out this weekend...

22 hours ago, Wrestlingfan937 said:

It took me a minute to get the fallen angel reference, very clever. Haha 

He is a tough kid, like I said styles make matches, Payne is solid and I think their styles will conflict with one another., let alone if he makes it past Payne, he will face Murphy that already has teched Frazier and about everyone in the 120lb weight class in the area. Deloney is dangerous but he is going to need good takedown defense to get past murphy. 

I can be clever haha few and far between though. Yes, I get what you are saying and don't think Payne is a slouch by any means but I'm not worried about Murphy right now "one match at a time" is the motto. But if we're goin to talk about recent common opponent matches then I will add that Angel also beat Tuff Tackett from Rushville and Tackett beat Payne last weekend. Just think people are underestimating the Doah boy is all, hard out here for a sectional champ.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2022 at 10:12 AM, headlockking said:

Some of us knew. The rest are finding out. Underrated by everyone. Tough draw with Lone & Boe in his quarter bracket, but he will be a tough out.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.