Team State Qualifying

blueandgold

I understand the whole qualifying process, but I’m just wondering what is the reason teams can’t be invited based on the current season’s performance? I saw teams there this year that have been beat by teams who weren’t. Franklin Community is ranked 10th and only has two losses total, one to Perry Meridian and the other to Cathedral, and they had a strong win over Columbus East, placed ahead of Mishawaka at Traicoff, and would have likely beat Avon, Mishawaka, Penn, and Roncalli. Just wondering why teams don’t qualify during the current season.

Edited by blueandgold

Most schools have to set a schedule and how they will use their current year competition points  more than a month or so in advance.  It’s just not feasible for the current year teams when the event is held in the middle of the season.  We would all love to see it be based on the current years success and likely near the end of the season, but the IHSAA isn’t on board with that yet.  

Edited by MattM

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.