North Central Conference

what7

Team predictions:

Should be fun with the new lafayette area teams.

Team race will be between Harrison and Jeff.

Huntington North

Muncie Central

Anderson

Kokomo

Logansport

Richmond

McCutcheon

Marion

HWY has a lot of talent.

145 also should be very competitive. 

Just to promote the conference this weekend.  Will have some good kids and  ranked wrestlers from 3 semi-states, with the conference being having one of the largest geographical spans in the state/

Ranked kids

113- Wright  Kokomo 8th at FW

113- Miller    Laf Jeff 4th at MV

126- Wade    Harrison             9th at MV

126  Jones    Laf Jeff              10th at MV

138- Grammar Laf Jeff           10th at MV

145- Shipley Hunting North     6th at FW

145 Shrock- Logansport          3rd at MV

145 Bane  Richmond              4th at NC   10th in state  (Not sure if wrestling with knee inj) 

152 Armuth Harrison              3rd at MV  9th at State

182 Wright  Harrsion              7th at MV    -retuning state qualifier 

195 Collins Laf Jeff                 9th at MV

195 White Anderson               6th at NC 

220 Kayzer  Anderson            7th at NC

220 Meyer  Harrison               3rd at MV   7th at  State

HWY Salyer  Anderson           9th at NC 

HWY Trawick Richmond         1st at NC

HWY  Kern                              4th at MV  15th in state

HWY Hopkins                         5th at MV 

HWY Page Laf Jeff                  Ranked earlier

Looks like seeding at HWY will be interesting.       Hopefully see a Kern and Trawick rematch, as last match didnt disapoint.   Probably no more after seeding meeting tonight.

Brackets are up on track, what are everyone's thoughts? My big question is why is bane seeded 4th.

Bane probably got seeded 4th beacuse he had direct loss to Pullins of Harrison who got seeded 3rd,  who got seeded 3rd because Schrock and Shipley had better records and possibly a better state tournament history.  145 is a solid weight here.  It will be a dog fight.  

Team race will be tight between Harrison and Jeff as Laf Jeff has moved their weights to make them stronger.  Both are mostly seeded well. 

113 looks like a solid weight and a lof good records at 106.   HWY was seeded like I thought which will be a dog fight.    195 is also strong weight.

I felt that most of the seeds held up. It was a great day of wrestling. Harrison and Jeff wrestled very well with a combine goal of 9 champions(LJ-5 and Harrison-4). It was a shame bane couldn't partipate, would have made 145 that much tougher.

Some good wrestling yestereday and some good matches   Harrrison had 2 wresters out and  Lafayette Jeff really  pushed Harrison.   But Harrison held on  to win by 10.5.   Should be close again next week at sectionals.   I thought McCutcheon really wrestled well and a few of their wrestlers really took a step forward.  I thought the Morgan kid from McCutcheon had Grammar,  tough call at the in OT on the takedown.   I thought at least should have a been a takedown or even fleeing the mat but you never get that call.   The Kern Vs Trawick match at HWY was almost as good as the first one.  I could see both guys placing at state.   195 was real deep weight class with some tough matches. 

I hope so. I think and again jmop he was stronger at 45 and would have had a chance to win regional at 45. Not happening at 138!.

I personally think there was something more to a couple of kids on that team dropping weight. ;-) In the end the cream always rises to the top. Lol.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.