State Beach Championships

tskin

Just a FYI Madison will once again host the Beach Championships and we are hoping mother nature doesn't decide to rain on us this year.  We are in a bit of a holding pattern on the date.  The Madison Regatta is looking onto trying to have us be one of the opening events the Sat before July 4th weekend which would be June 31st.  The bridge construction has really put a damper on the location of this event as it was intended to be on the river front.

So tentatively the event will be June 28th at the Boys and Girls Club once again like last year.  If the bridge construction finishes as well as the rebuilding of the park and beach volleyball pits effected by construction on time we will move the event to that location.

The regatta committee is looking into it and told me they would have a better answer for me in a month on location.

If you have any questions email me at tysongskinner@gmail.com

Just a FYI Madison will once again host the Beach Championships and we are hoping mother nature doesn't decide to rain on us this year.  We are in a bit of a holding pattern on the date.  The Madison Regatta is looking onto trying to have us be one of the opening events the Sat before July 4th weekend which would be June 31st.  The bridge construction has really put a damper on the location of this event as it was intended to be on the river front.

So tentatively the event will be June 31st at the Boys and Girls Club once again like last year.  If the bridge construction finishes as well as the rebuilding of the park and beach volleyball pits effected by construction on time we will move the event to that location.

The regatta committee is looking into it and told me they would have a better answer for me in a month on location.

If you have any questions email me at tysongskinner@gmail.com

Are you sure that would not be Saturday June 28th? My calendar does not have a June 31st.

Yes sorry June 28th.

Well last year when we had on July 4th weekend I don't think we had one wrestler from a Disney duals team even though several coaches told me some of their kids were coming.  My thinking is since it is "dead period" for coaches and IHSAA coaches couldn't bring kids so they didn't show.  So now coaches still in the state can bring their kids if they want.

The Kentucky calendar has a June 31st. Madison is close to the state line.

We're dangerously close to Ohio too. But they don't even use calendars there, they could never make a decision on what to go with and the people didn't understand how to vote for their choice so the whole idea was nixed.

We're dangerously close to Ohio too. But they don't even use calendars there, they could never make a decision on what to go with and the people didn't understand how to vote for their choice so the whole idea was nixed.

The Ohio Calendar isn't much, that's for sure.

August-Football Season begins

Mid-November-High School wrestling practice begins

Last Saturday in November-game with that team up north with the ugly helmets

First weekend in December-High School Football Playoffs

January 1-Rose Bowl (unknown date in Indiana) and 2 pound growth allowance

1st week in January-National Championship Game

February 14-Woody Hayes' birthday

1st weekend in March-State Finals

2nd weekend in March-Big Ten Championships

3rd weekend in March NCAA Finals

April-Freestyle begins

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys registration is now open for the 2nd Annual Beach Championships.  here is a link to the info sheet I have put on track.  http://www.trackwrestling1.com/tw/uploads/O-1697076-2014_info_sheet.pdf

We are going with June 28th and I have talked to city of Madison and the JayCee park where I was hoping to have tourney this year will not be rehabbed after its use for the new bridge construction so we will be up at Boys Club once again.

I am hoping for a large turnout.  We are handing out championship belts to the 18 Champions and then medals to 2nd and 3rd place finishers.

We will currently have two sand surfaces going but if early registration is high we will create more.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.