Evansville Semi-State Notes

106: Konrath made the adjustments he needed to and MAJORED. That's incredible and did not predict that in any way. Not sure but what are the chances of Egli and Konrath being finalist again!?

113:wow! Smith had a game plan and executed perfectly. Ferg looked like he didn't know what to do with DJ's defense. Also with Skaggs and Pritchett making it out, ruined some brackets.

120: Surprised with Hudkins. Wrestled awesome! All the other qualifiers were as predicted.

126: Lee is just incredible. Molloy's ticket round match wa exciting! Getting caught on his back and then running a takedown clinic to come back in OT. Bethel pulling upset over Schitter. He wrestled real well as well.

132: Broukal could make a good run next week. Hope the draw is good. Todrank getting pinned when winning to a guy he's beaten 16-2. Davis wrestled well as well.

138: not much here. Finals was pretty hectic. Don't think either guy is happy with it. Fleener almost hit a sick headlock in the final seconds.

145: Pierre getting 4th!? Didn't look himself after ticket round. Schober is on a mission. Karges is a dark horse pick for me. Think he could be top 6.

152: Kelley does  as expected. #6 Adams gets upset by Damler who then dominates in the semi's.

160: Kemper looses a heart breaker in the semi's. UTB and could get the ride out. Koontz was impressive! Watch out next week.

170: The big one, Lydy gets DQ'd while down 11-4 for biting. Stevenson gets the job done  against Rickenbaugh with a 3rd period takedown.

182:

Nothing too surprising. Chambers dominated. Elmore gets a good win for 3rd.

195: Scott upsets Thacker and then gets upset! Weird day at 195. But great job to Sandlin for getting it done!

220: Tolley looked good. Thought Kyles would make it, super fun to watch ticket round match.

HWT: Nothingt too dramatic. Oglesby avenges loss.

Konrath was awesome. Nick Lee didn't hit the same move twice from any position all day. He is a pleasure to watch. Josh Davis wrestled great all day. After pinning Orndorf he beats two ranked wrestlers handily. It's good to see kargis make his way to the finals. MD pulled some upsets in some weights I didn't see coming. Franklin and Heritage Hills should have a weight lifting competition after state.

Three kids really impressed me today.  #1 Nick Lee is an animal and looks ready for collegiate wrestling now. Watch out next week if you're in the 126# weight cause he's coming.#2 Paul Konrath for his conduct.  He wrestled a pour match last week and lost by a controversial call.  Then his opponent got up ran around hooting and hollering about the win.  Paul walks to the shakes his hand and pats him on the back.  But today was the true test today he dominated that same opponent and I fully expected to see Mr. Konrath's real emotion maybe some hootin and hollering of his own but he just walked to the line and shook his opponents hand.  Classy in victory and defeat, well done.  #3 DJ Smith is finally the real deal he controlled a match against Furguson in every aspect and to be honest I thought he might pull it out, but he owned that match the whole time.  So congrats to you three for being outstanding wrestlers with great passion for the sport and conducting yourselves with respect.

Three kids really impressed me today.  #1 Nick Lee is an animal and looks ready for collegiate wrestling now. Watch out next week if you're in the 126# weight cause he's coming.#2 Paul Konrath for his conduct.  He wrestled a pour match last week and lost by a controversial call.  Then his opponent got up ran around hooting and hollering about the win.  Paul walks to the shakes his hand and pats him on the back.  But today was the true test today he dominated that same opponent and I fully expected to see Mr. Konrath's real emotion maybe some hootin and hollering of his own but he just walked to the line and shook his opponents hand.  Classy in victory and defeat, well done.  #3 DJ Smith is finally the real deal he controlled a match against Furguson in every aspect and to be honest I thought he might pull it out, but he owned that match the whole time.  So congrats to you three for being outstanding wrestlers with great passion for the sport and conducting yourselves with respect.

+1

Enjoyed seeing a great day of wrestling. Props to the Franklin fans. As always not a single word from

them on 4 months of Ferguson beating DJ Smith. Thats why they have a class program never running

there mouth on this site. I can imagine if Ferguson won endless strings of I told you so.

Enjoyed seeing a great day of wrestling. Props to the Franklin fans. As always not a single word from

them on 4 months of Ferguson beating DJ Smith. Thats why they have a class program never running

there mouth on this site. I can imagine if Ferguson won endless strings of I told you so.

Not unlike in this post huh :)

Not unlike in this post huh :)

you mean not unlike yours I think

So you're saying that Davis won because Orndorff had an injury? He is a 3x state qualifier who beat both Ward and Anderson handily.

Josh Davis wrestled great all day. After pinning Orndorf he beats two ranked wrestlers handily.

I have not see Jourdan wrestle enough to speak for him, but I can expect Davis to wrestle a much better match next time. If anyone has watched him over the last 3 years you'll know he is tough to beat the more than once. Mastison and Johnson are good examples of that. Could be a great match if they both wrestle their best.

Davis isn't moving from 132. It has nothing to do with who is at 126. He simply is to tall and big for 126 this year. Weight cutting was an issue last year. He looks and feels good at 132.

Davis is 100% at 132... I think he is even ranked there

Davis went 8-1 for the weekend with 7 pins and a major. He beat undefeated mitch Anderson last weekend. He is a a 2x state qualifier.

Josh Davis for Reitz is at 132. Beat Mitch Anderson last weekend.

Davis tech falled Arney in the 2nd or beginning of 3rd.

Josh Davis goes 9-0.

Davis from Reitz is a returning SQ and beat Johnson a few times last year.

113 Josh Davis for Reitz has beaten Jasper and Stock from North Posey

Glad to see Davis wrestle well. That kid put some work in during the offseason.

you mean not unlike yours I think

So you're saying that Davis won because Orndorff had an injury? He is a 3x state qualifier who beat both Ward and Anderson handily.

Josh Davis wrestled great all day. After pinning Orndorf he beats two ranked wrestlers handily.

I have not see Jourdan wrestle enough to speak for him, but I can expect Davis to wrestle a much better match next time. If anyone has watched him over the last 3 years you'll know he is tough to beat the more than once. Mastison and Johnson are good examples of that. Could be a great match if they both wrestle their best.

Davis isn't moving from 132. It has nothing to do with who is at 126. He simply is to tall and big for 126 this year. Weight cutting was an issue last year. He looks and feels good at 132.

Davis is 100% at 132... I think he is even ranked there

Davis went 8-1 for the weekend with 7 pins and a major. He beat undefeated mitch Anderson last weekend. He is a a 2x state qualifier.

Josh Davis for Reitz is at 132. Beat Mitch Anderson last weekend.

Davis tech falled Arney in the 2nd or beginning of 3rd.

Josh Davis goes 9-0.

Davis from Reitz is a returning SQ and beat Johnson a few times last year.

113 Josh Davis for Reitz has beaten Jasper and Stock from North Posey

Glad to see Davis wrestle well. That kid put some work in during the offseason.

Not sure I am following within the context of my reply... He talked about how Franklin wouldn't ever run their mouth on this site about the match. By doing so he virtually is telling us Reitz people who picked their guy over over Franklin's guy has no class. And he in fact is "running his mouth" about the match. So please indulge me on why copying posts I made about Josh Davis is relevant here lol...  here is a little secret, I am a Davis fan :)

I don't have a dog in the fight when it comes to Davis, but you can't hold anything against a kid that takes advantage of the opportunities presented to him.  I don't think a person flukes into making three trips to state.  I hope he can make the most of it and get a podium finish this year.

I don't have a dog in the fight when it comes to Davis, but you can't hold anything against a kid that takes advantage of the opportunities presented to him.  I don't think a person flukes into making three trips to state.  I hope he can make the most of it and get a podium finish this year.

No fight here I think I was getting trolled :) Tis the season

Not sure I am following within the context of my reply... He talked about how Franklin wouldn't ever run their mouth on this site about the match. By doing so he virtually is telling us Reitz people who picked their guy over over Franklin's guy has no class. And he in fact is "running his mouth" about the match. So please indulge me on why copying posts I made about Josh Davis is relevant here lol...  here is a little secret, I am a Davis fan :)

did he beat Anderson handily? did he beat Anderson last weekend? did he beat undefeated Anderson last weekend? 

I think southernboy is talking about reitz fans constant crowing.  funny that you call him on it

I agree...fun kid to watch...kind of like the match between BB145 and Indy Big Un.  Its going to be another great weekend of wrestling at all weight classes. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.