Prayers for Jennings County Wrestler following a Car Accident

MattM

A wrestler in the Jennings County High School program is in critical condition after a car wreck Friday.  Coach Jones as always formed his program into a very close knit family, so I'm sure they pull together for this tough situation.  I'll save the details of the matter until more information is available, but I'm sure him, his family, and those associated with the program would appreciate any thoughts and prayers. 

Friday while heading to a physical therapy appointment Jennings County wrestler Shane Luhn lost control of his truck while turning on a back road and his over correction sent the truck into a series of rolls that ejected him from the vehicle.  Luckily, a nearby hunter heard the wreck was able to come to Shane's aid and call for help.  Shane was airlifted to Indianapolis Methodist for treatment.  Without going into all the injury details you should just know Shane was very bad off, but after a long night of keeping him stable, Shane was able to regain some small signs of consciousness this morning.  He will be going through a series of medical procedures starting today to help determine the extent of his injuries and help improve his condition.  Shane was hoping to have a chance to make it back into the wrestling line up this year after spending much of the fall recovering from a leg injury.  Now, he and his family are just hoping he can come out of this situation without any long lasting effects.  Some of you may know Shane's twin brother Lane (though slightly smaller in size) who is also a member of the Jennings County team for several years.

Again I'm sure Shane, his family, and the Jennings County program would appropriate any thoughts or prayers that can be sent their way as Shane begins his recovery process.

Had a great visit with Shane Luhn today at Methodist Hospital, was good to see him alert and looking well for what he's been through. Prayers have been working and appreciated! They Jennings County Wrestling Family are humbled by the support of the entire wrestling community. Please keep Shane and his family in your continued prayers.        Coach Jones

Prayers going up for this young man and his family. Have watched the Jennings County program for the past 4 seasons with nothing but respect for them. Coach Jones does a great job with these young men; will never forget a tournment we attended and durning the lunch break the JC team started dancing (actually doing wrestling warm ups) to the music and then openly encouraged the other teams to join in. By the time the break was over all 4 mats were filled with all the teams doing the same moves to the musice just having fun. A real good program.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.