Early Richmond Regionals?

I just looked and nobbe and hoffrogge are still ranked...the rankings seem to be matched up with the latest of zach...he updated january 2nd

Where?  I assumed that he just changed his rankings at the top of the SS thread, but I paged through and didn't see them within the thread either.  Maybe they are invisible to me.  Help a brother out!  LOL 

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see three posts on that page: 1gold, Charger 1, and you.  LOL

No biggie, I will just see them when I see them.  :)

thats the most recent page...go to the oldest page. the very first post on the thread is zachs rankings and he just updates them there

I have been trying to find all the results from last weekend, but they haven't been posted on SEILocalSports yet.  Do you know if they exist anywhere?  :)

i cant find any either...the best I got is:

http://wrbiradio.com/batesville-results-from-milan-6-way/

http://www.rushvillerepublican.com/sports/x12776831/Two-Lions-go-unbeaten-at-Milan

See, Mak?  No wonder we can't find any info!  LOL

yea lol. all i know is im retiring after this year. i invested a ton of time and money thru the years for wrestling and my kid is graduating and i still wish the rest well but I will be done with it. time for the next chapter. I might sneak a peek at the standings and see a match or two of some of my dudes that are still in it next year but thats it lol

yea lol. all i know is im retiring after this year. i invested a ton of time and money thru the years for wrestling and my kid is graduating and i still wish the rest well but I will be done with it. time for the next chapter. I might sneak a peek at the standings and see a match or two of some of my dudes that are still in it next year but thats it lol

Yeah, that's what I said last year.  LOL  But Max Dole is a good friend of my stepson, so I am sticking it out for one more year.

I probably will be done after this year, though.  Except they will probably still want me to do the PA announcing for home duals and tournaments.  :)

I have been trying to find all the results from last weekend, but they haven't been posted on SEILocalSports yet.  Do you know if they exist anywhere?  :)

http://milanathletics.com/2014/01/09/wrestling-results/

http://southdearbornathletics.com/2014/01/08/south-dearborn-high-school-wrestling-varsity-finishes-1st-place-at-milan-6-way/

No your not....watch just one more year :)

No "Bunch of Flowers" as he is 113 & yes Bunch would be the first from our regional :) you have a way with your words :) love it :)

im just excited for it is getting close. i cant freaking wait. so many possibilities like you guys are pointing out. Another thing is matchups and styles of different wrestlers clashing. for example, based on my predictions:

106 - would have a #1 vs #4 of schaefer/markley...thats a possible upset due to style. Markley can get quick pins on good wrestlers. he is a very strong 106 and has been wrestling 113, successfully most the year. in the semis, i think we will see a bunch of flowers...i mean bunch vs flowers. I say flowers wins this weight class but I also say we see bunch going to semi state and would be the first female to do so from this regional if im not mistaken.

113 - would have a re-match of coffman/hillard in first round. hillard won last time but its not a lock for the next. anyone that knows wrestling knows it is harder and harder to beat the same guy. in the other half of that bracket you would have a deal/miller match. i say deal wins, but i wouldnt be shocked to see miller pull that out.

120 - beyond the fact that the top 8 wrestlers I have in this bracket are all solid and great first round matchups, i predict semi finals matchups of lonneman/jenkinson and anderson/mcclurg...although I have my prediction, i wouldnt be shock to see it flipped upside down either.

126 - even though craft easily pinned phillips earlier this year, they would be in separate bracket halfs by my predictions and phillips style matches up better with boggs for the upset. last year jenkinson easily beat boggs and guess who practices with and wrestles alot like jenkinson? phillips! also, last year bowers beat craft, then at spartan, phillips had bowers beat until the very end...this weight class can go about any way possible with these 4. the one who wants it more will win.

132 - wow what a stacked weight class! when I first did my predictions, I thought westerfield was wrestling the best, then bane was, then o'farrow looked super sharp at spartan, now oyler beat westerfield...who knows?!?! flip a coin lol. they are all so close and all know how to wrestle with everything on the line. they all have heart and skill and the best man that day will be on top of the podium. you also cant forget about former NCC champ and 3x SSQ broyles in this mix...and dont count michaels out, he could be on upset alert, especially since he already beat broyles this year. 2 really good wrestlers wont make it to semi state in this class. you gotta go out and earn this one!

138 - killion was out of sectionals with an illness last year and was poised to make a deep run. He then went on to defeat last years 138 regional winner (cox) at ISWA state. Cox owns a couple victories over killion and is rumored to be back at 138 come sectionals. This will be very interesting. now throw in Jake Ruberg, undefeated freshman phenom from Lawrenceburg who already bumped up to beat Hale, and now you have the makings of a barn burner as killion and cox have both lost to hale over the years and have never beat him.

145 - a tri sectional final 4 here unless cox cuts to 138. either way, count on decker being in the championship match. he has beaten cox both times they wrestled and the reason I have cox over decker is like I said before, its tougher to beat the same guy over and over again and cox is too good to not learn from his losses. now if a certain wrestler from 152 cuts to 145, all hale will break loose. to add to that, Jake Ruberg already beat Hale once this year, but he has already weighed in at 138 so I think thats where he will be even though he hasnt wrestlled 138 yet. IF hale and manning stay at 152 and cox cuts to 138, it could make this weight class a cake walk for decker and 3 wrestlers will get late xmas gifts of wrestling at semi state.

152 - IF manning and hale are both in this bracket since its rumored they are both cutting, they will both meet in the semis, meaning caleb day will have easy matches to the final and will have whatever is left of the winner of the hale/manning match. Therefore day wins...if those 2 do cut, day wont break a sweat.

160 - top 3 here are decker, steele and dole. decker/dole would meet in the semis based on my predictions and thats a tough matchup. dole recently earned being state ranked and everyone knows how good decker is. steele gets the benefit of waiting on the winner of these 2 guys which could give him the edge in the finals...but, he has been inconsistent this year, had weight management problems and doesnt seemed as focused as last year. He did beat decker last year in OT but its hard to beat decker twice. IF decker gets past dole, i say decker will be more focused on avenging last years loss, if dole wins, im not sure he will have enough left to beat steele. one thing for sure, the loser of the decker/dole match is a 3 seed at semi I would not want.

170 - gonzo is so tough. he has all the qualities of a great wrestler. strength, speed, technical skill, heart, determination, confidence and focus. He has beaten aquino every time they wrestled but its getting harder to do as was the case at spartan. aquino gets better every time I was him wrestle. the only thing that can prevent this finals matchup is spencer sargent. I dont think he and aquino have ever wrestled but would be a great semi finals match.

182 - nice matchups here with my predictions being hittle/robinson and knopp/shirkey. hittle got robinson last year and I believe it was 1-0 at rushville. shirkey was tough at spartan. I havent seen or heard anything about knopp this year but he has always proven tough. I have my predictions but I wouldnt be surprised if I was wrong on it either.

195 - huge possibility of an all franklin county sectional final 4. between harnishfeger, cavins and hooten, the winner is a coin toss and may very well be someone avenging a sectional loss.

220 - i dont see any upsets here. miller and ramage just seem right for the finals. nothing to see here. keep moving...

285 - joe garland is graduated so nothing will stop trawick from winning this time. the real matchup will be for 2nd, 3rd and 4th. alamillo is favored but you cant count selm out...or can you as I just learned minges beat him earlier this year. you also have vaughn who gives people trouble with his height, and creigmile who has been surprising this year after taking a couple years off from the sport. only 3 additional spots left for those remaining 5 guys. Who wants it more?

Just one small note to correct in the 138 predictions...Cox has never lost to Hale.  They have never wrestled, not even once or in junior high even.  Just hasn't happened for some reason in all these years.

Wow I would never have guessed. That's crazy they never crossed paths. I'm going out on a limb here and saying that even if they do cross paths, after seeing cox wrestling the last 2 days, he will never lose to hale. I know hale is tough and very strong but I don't think I have ever seen cox any more focused than he is right now. He is looking good and more technical than hale.

It's Mom here, lol....that's why I know they have never wrestled.  We don't see Shenandoah much for some reason.

I knew it was mom lol. You posted your name before. I didn't forget. Plus you already know me and know I'm a "bub" fan :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.