Streck vs. Robinson

Bruschi

They may meet about 3-4 times next year.  Going to be some good match-ups.  Reminds me of Kral vs. Robinson, roles reversed for Robinson.  I think Robinson gets him the first couple times but semi-state and state may be a toss up.

Looking forward to watching them at the Al Smith. Streck will make it a good match, but I think Gelen's physical maturity/strength would be too much for Streck to handle. As you said, Streck will probably make it closer with each match.

I really like Streck hard to believe he's only a soph. But I have to respectfully disagree on the outcome of his matches with Robinson. Streck may stay in the matches but I just don’t see him getting very close. IMO Streck is not only over matched athletically but from a strength perspective as well. Every match will be a great learning experience for Streck and be a great asset to him come Feb. but IMO he goes 0-fer in the match ups   

The two met in the LC/MVLLE dual and it was something like 11-3 Robinson.  As someone stated earlier, Robinson was far too athletic for Streck and took him down 3-5 times.  Gelen didn't lockup with Streck, he seemed to realize early in the match that the weight was too much for him.  I can see the scores being closer, but Gelen is too athletic and will get his takedowns.  I don't see Streck taking him down.  Biggest jump for  a kid is freshman to sophomore year, so I expect Streck to close the gap a little.  Steck is a very good wrestler, and the only way I see him picking up a win in this match-up is catching Gelen and pinning him, otherwise, I give every win to Gelen.

Keep in mind that streck was only a freshman when the wrestled last. when streck's athleticism and strength catch up with his skills, he will major Robinson.

very doubtful. Keep in mind wrestling isn't Robinsons best sport. Kinda scary

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.