You call it LUCK, I call it HEART!!

Wrestlingfan182

I know 2 things about Riley McClurg....

1-he is the state champ at 160 and no one on a message board can change that

2- he has a mike Evans like mustache

I will have to respectfully disagree with you on one point otr....his mustache is nothing like Evans.

Here are a few facts about Evans mustache... http://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/2013/2/4/3952048/mike-evanss-moustache-facts

I kept waiting for the trainers while they were doing the Gable wrap job of McClurgs head to take an extra tiny little piece of tape across his upper lip and pull off the fuzz.

I did really enjoy the cheesy grinning while he was atop the podium....as one person beside me stated, "I hope the ihsaa puts that on the front of the program next year"......kid was really enjoying the moment....as he should.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to both of you kids, Riley and Austin. Heck of a season and a finals match.  You both earned your way to the finals and Riley won.  Job well done young man.  Austin, keep your head up and put those blinders on because your mission isn't over. 

On another note, please quit blaming the refs.  They do what they do for the love of the sport.  Why else would they do it.  Give them a break and the next time you run into one, you should thank them for what they do.

One more note, 160 will be stacked next year for sure.

Unfortunate conversation about a state champ.  No one has said anything about the timely asthma attacks that Austin had the whole weekend

well looks like u dont know much about asthma nor its triggers nor what it can do if ignored hu! maybe before speak about a person or a medical issue, you  should educate yourself on what you are speaking about! you really just sounded very iggnorant to make that comment

well looks like u dont know much about asthma nor its triggers nor what it can do if ignored hu! maybe before speak about a person or a medical issue, you  should educate yourself on what you are speaking about! you really just sounded very iggnorant to make that comment

I was in attendance and noticed the somewhat frequent inhaler breaks to get his asthma under control.. I too have asthma and it does suck, but fortunately my wife is a respiratory therapist and she made a few educated comments on how often some kids use a rescue (albuterol) type inhalers.. from her 15 yrs experience she believed it was excessive and thought some of the kids over using needed to be on a more steroidal type asthmatic inhaler.. Flovent, Advair etc... triggers for asthma are various and hopefully kids can rely on a long term med. To control he "triggers".. should use it prior to competition and it should last the duration.. just my educated opinion from an educated observer.. my wife. Great job by both young men!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.