Northview Sectional Predictions!!!

navy80

Bloomington South will dominate again with as many as 11 champs or as few as 6.  

1. Schermer BS 31-3

2. Uppal THS 27-5

3. McCoy NV 25-6

4. McGlothin BN 18-6

Schermer should dominate the finals against the winner of Uppal and McCoy.  

1. Clawson EDG 19-5

2. Cole BS 18-18

3. Pemberton THS 24-8

4. Ryan NV 16-15

two time sectional champ Clawson shouldnt have much trouble with anyone. The question is can he get over the hump and perform well at semi state?  It's a battle for 2nd

1. Runyon BS 27-8

2. Lewis THS 28-8

3. Low THN 11-8

4. Arthur BN 22-8

Runyon looks to win another sectional, Lewis and Arthur will be a good match in the semis

1. Ordndorf SUL 21-0

2. Elia THN 23-9

3. Ray BN 19-16

4. Walden EDG 18-14

Orndorf and Elia will be a good finals match.

1. Broukal BS 29-4

2. Auberry NK 25-0

3. Byrd SUL 22-4

4. Deckard EDG 24-5

Defending semi state champ and state placer wont be touched.

1. Adams THS 29-6

2. Barlow BS 23-12

3. Thompson SUL 19-4

4. Otte WV 16-10

Barlow is the defending champ, and Adams is a returning semi state ticket rounder.  

1. Abraham BS 16-12

2. Creasey WV 14-2

3.  Newforth OV 19-3

4. Newton THS 24-12

5. Thomas NK 22-7

Creasey split wins with Newforth.  Newton pinned Creasey, but it was Creasey's first match back.  Don't count out returning semi state qualifier from N Knox either. Abrams from B South wrestled the best the state has to offer and took most of his losses against top guys.  Going to be a deep weight class.  

1. Helms THS 31-4

2. Williams BS 20-16

3. Gilmore THN 25-6

4. Boor NV 20-14

5. Edwards EDG 22-13

Helms looks like he is on steroids lol.  Strong kid, but can B South technique beat him in the finals?  

1. Seitzinger BS 27-6

2. Koontz EDG 32-2

3. Noblitt WV 17-11

4. Thomas NK 26-6

Returning state qualifier Setizinger should roll.  He beat Koontz last week 10-4 i believe.

1. Shaffer OV 24-1

2. Galvin BS 31-3

3. Deerwester THS 27-9

4. Davis BN 23-10

Two horse race with Shaffer and Galvin.  Galvin has been in tough matches this year.  Will that hurt Shaffer?  

1. Thacker BS 32-2

2. Chambers EDG 30-3

3. Moshak THN 20-12

4. Miller NK 17-10

Thacker and Chamber will be a good finals match.  Moshak bumped up to 182, good idea on his part.  This weight is wide open for 3 and 4.

1. Fiddler BS 34-0

2. Patton EDG 29-4

3. Miller NV 30-5

4. Short WV 17-11

Returning state placer Fiddler will battle the winner of Patton and Miller.  Miller just won conference so he is on a roll, but Patton owns a win over him earlier in the year.

1. Haley BS 30-5

2. Williams NV 22-10

3. Bedwell NK 14-7

4. Huss OV 19-9

5. Edington THN

The weakest weight in this sectional.  Haley should roll, with a battle for 2,3,4.  Edington is my sleeper since he is a semi state qualifier.  

1. Sampson NV 33-0

1. Dajani BS 24-8

4. Berry THS 17-7

4. Londo THN 17-12

4. Robertson OV 19-7

4. Staley EDG 20-13

4. Miller NKnox 25-6

Our deepest weight but no matter who gets top 4 the Southridge sectional will be bringing 4 strong kids to regionals.  I can see Sampson get upset by Robertson or Dajani.  Tough weight.  

1. Schermer

2. Uppal

3. McCoy

4. Miller

1. Clawson

2. Ryan

3. Cole

4. Pemberton

1. Runyon

2. Lewis

3. Low

4. Arthur

1. Orndorff

2. Elia

3. Walden

4. Ray

1. Broukal

2. Bowden

3. Byrd

4. Deckard

1. Barlow

2. Adams

3. Thompson

4. Otte

1. Abrams

2. Newforth

3. Creasey

4. Cowden

1. Gilmore

2. Helms

3. Williams

4. Edwards

1. Seitzinger

2. Koontz

3. Yates

4. Noblitt

1. Galvin

2. Shaffer

3. Davis

4. Deerwester

1. Thacker

2. Chambers

3. A. Miller

4. Moshak

1. Fiddler

2. Miller

3. Patton

4. Short

1. Haley

2. Bedwell

3. Huss

4. Williams

1. Dajani

2. Sampson

3. Robertson

4. Miller

OK men here we go! My sectional pics! (JMO)

106) Schermer            113) Clawson            120) Runyon            126) Orndorff

McCoy                      Pemberton                Lewis                      Elia

Uppal                        Cole                        Arthur                      Walden          220) Haley

Miller                        Ryan                      Low                          Ray                      Williams

Edington

132) Broukal              138) Adams              145) Newforth          152) Helms                    Huss

Byrd                          Barlow                    Newton                  Williams

Auberry                      Thompson                Abrams                  Gilmore          Hwt) Dajani

Deckard                      Otte                        Creasey                  Boor                      Robertson

160) Seitzinger            170) Shaffer              182) Thacker            195) Fiddler                  Sampson

Koontz                        Galvin                      Chambers                Miller                    Miller

Thomas                      Deerwester              Moshak                  Patton

Yates                          Davis                      Miller                      Short

Think there will be a few surprises from North Knox since they got thrown in to this sectional at the last minute and didn't have a chance to see most of these wrestlers till now. Never underestimate your opponent!

I have 2 NK wrestlers making it to regionals!  285 and a wildcard! 

Should of hung around for your awards and team placement!! Lot of good finals match's!

We didn't want to wear out our already questionable welcome, plus there are more efficient formats that could have been used to run the tournament.  We were in contact with several other 10 team sectionals around the area that were 2 rounds ahead of us at any given time.

Some 10 sectional locations have enough room to run 4 mats.  Unfortunatley Northview does not have that facility.  They could have went with a three mat final, but showcasing the kids in the spotlight is the right thing to do in my opinion.   Past the sectional level many kids wont get to the finals and winning a sectional title should be viewed as an achievement not to be taken for granted.  Why would you train so hard all year only to hurry up the most important day?  

To each their own as far as staying for awards.  But in my years of watching the sport, teams that leave tournaments early and don't stick around for the finals or awards tend to make a habit of it.  

Dude

Some 10 sectional locations have enough room to run 4 mats.  Unfortunatley Northview does not have that facility.  They could have went with a three mat final, but showcasing the kids in the spotlight is the right thing to do in my opinion.   Past the sectional level many kids wont get to the finals and winning a sectional title should be viewed as an achievement not to be taken for granted.  Why would you train so hard all year only to hurry up the most important day?  

To each their own as far as staying for awards.  But in my years of watching the sport, teams that leave tournaments early and don't stick around for the finals or awards tend to make a habit of it.  

Dude

1st year With a new Coach and a new sectional I think we are far from making anything a habit with the exception of winning.

Next year we will, with some luck, have more sectional opponents on our schedule and I'm sure that will go along way to bridge any gaps that might have existed this season.

We didn't want to wear out our already questionable welcome, plus there are more efficient formats that could have been used to run the tournament.  We were in contact with several other 10 team sectionals around the area that were 2 rounds ahead of us at any given time.

A few years ago we were STILL wrestling at like 930pm lol.  But I agree, it takes way too long to wrestle.

A few years ago we were STILL wrestling at like 930pm lol.  But I agree, it takes way too long to wrestle.

Do you remember the night Northview's Cory Grigsby beat Bloomington South's Tony Withrow in the finals? Grigsby had bit a huge chunk out of the inside of his mouth and used something like 4:50 of his blood time.  Stuffed his mouth full of gauze for the whole third period for the upset.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.