North Posey Six Way

WrestleMan

The Castle Central Dual was what got me.  Central has a very solid team and I had Castle really sown this year.   Looks like they are turning it up some.

I have to agree.  I thought Central might take it to Castle. 

As for the Reitz/Castle dual.  Great win for Reitz, but from a coaching stand point I think you have to look a the fact you had a 20 - 6 lead through the bottom five weight classes and ended up winning by 7(?).  Isn't Castle giving a couple of forfeits in the upper weights?

As for the Reitz/Castle dual.  Great win for Reitz, but from a coaching stand point I think you have to look a the fact you had a 20 - 6 lead through the bottom five weight classes and ended up winning by 7(?).  Isn't Castle giving a couple of forfeits in the upper weights?

I can't disagree with that coach.

But a win is a win.

I wasn't there but know Reitz forfeited their last match. I was also told that Todrank was doing very well against Welch and the pin was waved off by the official because it was after the buzzer but the Castle coach ran over to the table and was demanding the pin called and the official called the pin. If I were a coach with that kind of dominate wrestler I would have just let the coin be tossed and continued the match. Todrank was frustrating Welch so the Castle coaches had to take whatever call they could get just to get out of there with the win.

I'm pretty sure Castle didn't FF any weights. Reitz had a back up at HWT. Also Reitz was up 13 going into the last match at 138. Reitz kid was banged up, and since the match was wrapped up, Reitz took a FF.

I wasn't there but know Reitz forfeited their last match. I was also told that Todrank was doing very well against Welch and the pin was waved off by the official because it was after the buzzer but the Castle coach ran over to the table and was demanding the pin called and the official called the pin. If I were a coach with that kind of dominate wrestler I would have just let the coin be tossed and continued the match. Todrank was frustrating Welch so the Castle coaches had to take whatever call they could get just to get out of there with the win.

i'm not aware of the "coin-tossing" rule to continue a match.  what was the score of the match when the pin was called?

Writing this from Church, so I will try to remember my surrounds while I take time to say, PLEASE STOP MAKING EXCUSES!

Exactly how was Todrank frustrating Welch from his back????

SMH.

As the coach who went to the table, I did not demand it be called a pin.  I just wanted to remind the official of the rule that if pin criteria was met before the buzzer, the it is a pin. It doesn't matter when he blows his whistle or slaps the mat. Todrank is a good wrestle but was not frustrating Welch. Luke was in control of the match. At that point in the dual meet, we needed all the bonus points we could get so making sure we got 6 instead of 5 for a tech or 4 for a major was pretty important. Just wanted to clear that up.  It was a great yak meet and looking forward to a very competitive Sectional.

Brandon Taylor

I just heard from a source very familiar with the situation that the score was 0-0 with 20 seconds left in the match.  Can anyone confirm that?  I could see where Welch would be frustrated if that we true.  Doesn't sound like a major or tech would have been possible at that point either.  

I just heard from a source very familiar with the situation that the score was 0-0 with 20 seconds left in the match.  Can anyone confirm that?  I could see where Welch would be frustrated if that we true.  Doesn't sound like a major or tech would have been possible at that point either.  

It was 20 seconds left in the first period. I guarantee there haven't been very many of Luke's opponents that have made it that long without being taken down. Welch is a beast. Kyle was wrestling his butt off though. Keep it up Kyle. Don't let these so called fans get to you. You are having a hell of sophomore year.

The "coin-tossing" rule is kind of obscure and therefor rarely used.  Glad to see the ref dig deep in the rule book to use it.

I wasn't there and got a text. Apparently the first period buzzer had went off and it was before the flipped to see who wanted what position. I do like the coin flip rule though. :)

That's exactly what I was told. Todrank was wrestling him very well. I wish I would have been there. The pin was at the end of the first period and Todrank got caught in a scramble.

So to sum this all up, Luke Welch would have been heading into the second period with a minimum of a 4 - 0 lead if the pin wasn't called (Coach Taylor was correct in approaching the table if his explanation is near accurate) and that was some how supposed to have been frustrating to a young man with the amount of match time Welch has logged?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.