Disney Duals v Junior/Cadet Duals

AJ

These tend to take place very close to each other.  What are the advantages or disadvantages of going to one or the other?

I know basic advantage for Disney is you can take your whole HS team.

Junior/Cadet Duals you are representing your entire state so you may have better competition throughout the entire tournament.

Any more thoughts.....

Guranteed 7 - 10 matches vs. no gurantee.

Are you saying Disney Duals is no guarantee of the number of matches?  I guess if your high school team has 2-3 wrestlers in a weight class, then they might only get a few each.

Cadet & Junior Duals both have at least 6 or more matches for each style.

Are you saying Disney Duals is no guarantee of the number of matches?  I guess if your high school team has 2-3 wrestlers in a weight class, then they might only get a few each.

Cadet & Junior Duals both have at least 6 or more matches for each style.

I read the title wrong. Thought it said nationals. Thanks greco for pointing that out.

I would say d.d. community divisions are easier than cadet Jr duals. And of course the different styles

I've wrestled at cadet duals (I know it's not junior duals, but still close), and at Disney in the all-star division for Hoosier Elite, and both are really challenging, mentally and physically. Every match in the all-star division is tough, the worst kid I wrestled was a state qualifier from Nebraska, who was still pretty good.  On the other hand, cadet duals featured a lot of great freestyle/greco technicians, some really tough kids. Having to make weight both days was no easy task, either.

Both events are loaded with great kids, and you'd be hard-pressed to find an easy match all day. I personally thought cadet duals was a bit tougher, but that's likely because I'm not as well-versed in freestyle/Greco as in folkstyle.

Last year I know a couple of the boys on the cadet team stayed in Florida and relaxed for a couple of days after competing with us.  They then headed over to Orlando and met up with their teams that were heading to Disney.  So it is VERY possible to wrestle both Cadet duals and Disney best of both worlds with a vacation thrown in.

Last year I know a couple of the boys on the cadet team stayed in Florida and relaxed for a couple of days after competing with us.  They then headed over to Orlando and met up with their teams that were heading to Disney.  So it is VERY possible to wrestle both Cadet duals and Disney best of both worlds with a vacation thrown in.

A great idea!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.