4th at semistate then top 4 at state

AJ

145 Giffin from South Dearborn placed 4th at semistate and 3rd at state

HW Eric Hemmelgarn of Jay County placed 4th at semistate and 4th at state....

Congrtas to these 3 young men on an amazing accomplishment...

haha... mind working faster than my typing...

congrats to these 2 young men on their accomplishments...

and Hemmelgarn did get 3rd....

and both of these wrestlers are underclassmen as well...

AJ,

I am not sure if or how often Eric visits the website but I will say thanks on his behalf.  He and many others had an experience they will never forget.  Congrats to all the area wrestlers this weekend on a fine showing.  I do have a question AJ.  How long can you last on the mat with any of your brothers?

AJ,

I am not sure if or how often Eric visits the website but I will say thanks on his behalf.  He and many others had an experience they will never forget.  Congrats to all the area wrestlers this weekend on a fine showing.  I do have a question AJ.  How long can you last on the mat with any of your brothers?

Im guessing 25 seconds of pure fury

We are very proud of Blake's accomplishments.  He finished 3rd at sectional (House-1/Feller-2), 3rd at regional (Feller-1/House-2), 4th at semi-state (Corsaro-1/Feller-2/Tatom-3), and ultimately 3rd at state. (All four New Castle SS placers placed at state.)  Blake had a great tournament run overall.  He continued to improve as the weeks went on, and he continues to wrestle throughout his entire matches.  He has an exciting style of wrestling as well.  With all that being said, I think Coach Gardner, and certainly I, would say that we at South Dearborn are even more proud of the maturity and growth Blake has shown over the course of the season.  His progress toward becoming a solid, y0ung man who understands our expectations and hopes for the kids that come from the program has been great to witness.  Congratulations, Blake!

I would also like to echo Coach Myers sentiments on Eric's weekend.  What a wonderful weekend for him & Jay County.  He is a very bright & humble young man who learns from his experiences.  We were very happy with the way he wrestled in his loss against Dominique Stauffer [Elkhart Central].  He was pinned by Dominique @ semi state but lost a hard fought 5-2 bout this weekend.  His defeat of Kaden Suter [Martinsville] for 3rd only bolstered his upset win versus Donte Winfield [Perry Meridian].  Both of these young men are amazing athletes.  He is also blessed to have a wonderful set of parents who have helped him through their faith in God to be thankful for his blessings.  With that being said the road to state begins again for Eric & his fellow Patriots today.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.