Kral/Robinson

IU90

1- I don't know why robinsons coaches didn't tell him, "hey there's 1:30+ left in the match, we don't need 5!"

2- just another reason why they need to change the out of bounds rule, you lose so much wrestling on the edge due to this darn rule.  I think it should be similar to college when it comes to out of bounds but that's just my own opinion. Good luck to both in the future.

I know that the out of bounds rule can be frustratin (this match for example) but the way the state meet is set up with the mats so close together it can get crowded with 2 matches going on right next to each other at the edge of the mat. 

Also if there are 2 sets of refs right next to each other at the edge, wrestlers can easily get confused on which ref is blowing the wistle.

Did you hear a whistle to signify out of bounds? While I could see removing the back points, the take down should have stood bc there was nothing to signify that they were out. Gelen got the raw end, but at least he has two more opportunities, someone like Gallegos is done and lost bc a ref felt that putting your head into your opponent and pushing was an offensive move and thus warranted three stall calls against Gallegos.

After reading some of the other threads I would like to make this comment (s).WIth the controversy of the calls in the Robinson/Kral match ;with the controversy over stalling call in the Kral/Gallegos match ; with the fact that Kourtney Berry wrestled all year on a torn ACL, never in  any of the post match comments have I read these young men complain publically ,make excuses,point fingers,nor act in any way in a non exemplary manner on the podium. For this I commend  their parents ,coaches and of course the wrestlers themselves.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.