LaHue vs. Moser

LHS_Wrestling

LaHue is good but he isn't the person some of you are making him out to be. Fall in the first? I think there is a reason both of these wrestlers are ranked in the top 16. This should be a close match but to think LaHue will pin in the first is a joke!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LaHue is good but he isn't the person some of you are making him out to be. Fall in the first? I think there is a reason both of these wrestlers are ranked in the top 16. This should be a close match but to think LaHue will pin in the first is a joke!

No joke..lahue puts alot of people on there back in the first..including state qualifiers..ive watched him for a long time. I am thinking more of 8-3. But this is why they wrestle..falls happen all the time in first round..its not really a joke.

And you probably never made it out of sectionals.

Actually i made it 4 times to state..thanks tho. as you are watching the match all i want you to think is How did he know this? I dont see noone beating lahue untill he gets to Phillips. and that will be a great match. Of course at state anything can happen..thats why i love the sport.

I was at the Lahue and Whitley match. Whitley got an early takedown and stalled the whole match. He is NOWHERE near Lahues level. It was a complete fluke and whitley wrestled the best match of his life and fought off several takedowns. I knew it was a big fluke..hes wresled whitley i think 3 or 4 times now and any wrestler or wrestling fan knows how every time usually gets closer. regional finals lahue had him on his back in the first 30 seconds and had him stuck..match finished i think 9-0. He is the real deal. He will place top 6 for sure. Hes one of best freshman ive ever seen..

First off Lahue is a great wrestler and I expect him to preform very well at state. He had a great tournament winning semi-state and seems to be peaking for the state tournament, which is great to see out of a freshman.

With that said, your description of the Whitley and Lahue matches at sectional and regional are very far from the truth, and the way you talk down about a very good wrestler in Whitley and dismiss his win as a "fluke" is ridiculous. At Sectional Whitley took Lahue down with a nice ankle pick in the first period, and was ridden out the entire second period, Lahue is very tough on top and neither wrestler was warned for stalling. In the third Lahue got a reversal to tie the match up, but gave up an escape with around 20 seconds left and Whitley won a great match 3-2. Saying he fought off several takedowns and stalled his way to victory doesn't make much since given the fact they were only on their feet for 20 seconds in the second and third period combined. At regional Lahue hit a nice firemans carry for 5 points early in the match, it was not close to a pin, he didn't score another takedown until the closing seconds when Whitley tried a desperation headlock. It was a great match with lots of back and forth scrambling and near takedowns by both wrestlers. The final score was 8-2 and it was very competitive match. Lahue wrestling a very smart match and showed a lot of maturity by learning from the previous match.

Don't get on hear and bash Whitley claiming his win at sectional was a fluke, and he stalled his way to a victory at sectionals only to be crushed by a far superior wrestler at regionals... Both matches were very competitive and the wrestler who scored first won in both cases, as often happens in matches between two good wrestlers. A "flukes" occur when a wrestler is dominating a match and gets pinned, not when a wrestler wins 3-2 with the only takedown. In the future try to get your facts straight before posting something so unbelievably inaccurate.

Anyway, good luck to Bailey he is an outstanding wrestler, and has continued to improve each week of the state tournament. I would not be surprised to see him standing high on the podium saturday night.

First off Lahue is a great wrestler and I expect him to preform very well at state. He had a great tournament winning semi-state and seems to be peaking for the state tournament, which is great to see out of a freshman.

With that said, your description of the Whitley and Lahue matches at sectional and regional are very far from the truth, and the way you talk down about a very good wrestler in Whitley and dismiss his win as a "fluke" is ridiculous. At Sectional Whitley took Lahue down with a nice ankle pick in the first period, and was ridden out the entire second period, Lahue is very tough on top and neither wrestler was warned for stalling. In the third Lahue got a reversal to tie the match up, but gave up an escape with around 20 seconds left and Whitley won a great match 3-2. Saying he fought off several takedowns and stalled his way to victory doesn't make much since given the fact they were only on their feet for 20 seconds in the second and third period combined. At regional Lahue hit a nice firemans carry for 5 points early in the match, it was not close to a pin, he didn't score another takedown until the closing seconds when Whitley tried a desperation headlock. It was a great match with lots of back and forth scrambling and near takedowns by both wrestlers. The final score was 8-2 and it was very competitive match. Lahue wrestling a very smart match and showed a lot of maturity by learning from the previous match.

Don't get on hear and bash Whitley claiming his win at sectional was a fluke, and he stalled his way to a victory at sectionals only to be crushed by a far superior wrestler at regionals... Both matches were very competitive and the wrestler who scored first won in both cases, as often happens in matches between two good wrestlers. A "flukes" occur when a wrestler is dominating a match and gets pinned, not when a wrestler wins 3-2 with the only takedown. In the future try to get your facts straight before posting something so unbelievably inaccurate.

Anyway, good luck to Bailey he is an outstanding wrestler, and has continued to improve each week of the state tournament. I would not be surprised to see him standing high on the podium saturday night.

My point is he is nowhere near as good as lahue. When you wrestle someone alot of times, the match gets closer and closer. Whitley is a "good" wrestler. But lahue is a great wrestler. Im sorry for making it sound like it wasnt a great match. i so think it was a fluke..if they wrestled 10 times lahue would win 9 IMO. It doesnt matter anymore..i dont think theres a chance they could wrestle this weekend...GOOD LUCK TO ALL WRESTLERS TONIGHT

My point is he is nowhere near as good as lahue. When you wrestle someone alot of times, the match gets closer and closer. Whitley is a "good" wrestler. But lahue is a great wrestler. Im sorry for making it sound like it wasnt a great match. i so think it was a fluke..if they wrestled 10 times lahue would win 9 IMO. It doesnt matter anymore..i dont think theres a chance they could wrestle this weekend...GOOD LUCK TO ALL WRESTLERS TONIGHT

So you are saying that a wrestler who beats another wrestler in a 3-2 match is nowhere near as good as the wrestler he defeated?  How is that logical?  It would be one thing to say that about a wrestler who was dominated in a match, and then fell into a pin fall win, but to say that about someone who wins a 3-2 match is ridiculous!

So you are saying that a wrestler who beats another wrestler in a 3-2 match is nowhere near as good as the wrestler he defeated?  How is that logical?  It would be one thing to say that about a wrestler who was dominated in a match, and then fell into a pin fall win, but to say that about someone who wins a 3-2 match is ridiculous!

Like i said..if u wrestle someone 3-6 times any good wrestler(whitley) can keep a match close with an outstanding wrestler(Lahue).. every wrestler knows this. This is why kuhn beat brown in regionals and marlin beat hall at sectional and regional. both dominated the others in the first few matches only to lose the 3rd or 4th time they met..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.