At New Castle

S-Brooks

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cody Phillips won 6-1 but was definitely frustrated by Randall's height and length. In the end, the victory is all that matters, but that was not a dominant performance by a kid who has historically been pretty dominant

I have to disagree, at this level if you beat another quality wrestler 6-1 I would have to say thats pretty dominant.  Sounds like he adapted to the frustration of size and height and controlled the match.  Just my opinion of course.

I'm certainly not knocking Phillips. He did what he needed to do to win. I'm just reporting what I saw and what I saw was a 2X champ who had to work pretty hard to beat a 21-13 wrestler. Its just not what we are used to seeing from Phillips. Not an insult, just think Randalls length was a factor

I'm certainly not knocking Phillips. He did what he needed to do to win. I'm just reporting what I saw and what I saw was a 2X champ who had to work pretty hard to beat a 21-13 wrestler. Its just not what we are used to seeing from Phillips. Not an insult, just think Randalls length was a factor

Not complaining by any means...and you are there and I am not so your veiw is definately better than mine for sure...lol  Sometimes all champs find a difficult adaption to work with, Remember this Lance Ellis got taken down at state i believe by a kid from Rushville, and I would say Lance was the poster child for dominance at that time so every dog has their day, or moment in this case...lol

Slight upset....New Pal's Connor Robinson winner by fall over 5th ranked Neibarger of HSE

I disagree about this being a slight upset, this is huge.  Robinson just took out a Regional Champ and State placer last year.  I saw this being a tight 1-2 point win for Neibarger.  Good thing he has one more year.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.