Evansville Semi State results

jsabik

Warren vs Lewis 170

Ive heard many complaining about this match specifically people from castle. Well truth is Lewis won the match fair. Just because the coach threw a fit and tried to argue with a ref dosent mean the match should not have ended the way it did. Ive heard people say Lewis didnt have the the takedown in overtime... He has BOTH legs thrown in on top?! what more do you want? I have a video im sure itl be on youtube soon enough but i promise you there was no mistake in the refs final decision of the match.

I was in a suite with people from Central, Memorial and Reitz and they all felt the same.  The TD call was iffy and Warren should have had back points which would have kept it from ever getting to that point.  Opinions vary, but those that felt he got the short end of the stick did not all come from Castle.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in a suite with people from Central, Memorial and Reitz and they all felt the same.  The TD call was iffy and Warren should have had back points which would have kept it from ever getting to that point.  Opinions vary, but those that felt he got the short end of the stick did not all come from Castle.

I totally agree that back points should've been awarded. 

Here is the bottom line - the match is over, I argued my point and that was it. I did not throw a fit as was stated in another post. All I did was question the back points and weather we had a takedown in overtime with the weight on the hands after the spin behind. When the decision was made I walked away, never throwing a fit. My heart breaks for my senior, but don't say I threw a fit.

I wish the Greencastle kid the best of luck tomorrow night. I hope he wins.

Its over, let it rest

Here is the bottom line - the match is over, I argued my point and that was it. I did not throw a fit as was stated in another post. All I did was question the back points and weather we had a takedown in overtime with the weight on the hands after the spin behind. When the decision was made I walked away, never throwing a fit. My heart breaks for my senior, but don't say I threw a fit.

I wish the Greencastle kid the best of luck tomorrow night. I hope he wins.

Its over, let it rest

I know coach says let it rest but i was near the front row, had a good view and coach didn't throw a fit.  he did question the two calls and i feel he had a right to.  however, its over and neither here nor there at this point.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.