Strongest semi state

Rankings are also mostly subjective, unless there is head to head to support it. Determining strength by placement is not subjective since you have to actually place. There is no guessing or conjecture as to what might happen or arguing opinions. By using placement to determine strength there are hard numbers to support the outcome. Not "I think...."

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rankings dont mean anything sorry to burst your bubble i think there are alot of really tough wrestlers who could beat a bunch of ranked wrestlers doesnt that happen all the time anyway and then get get ranked they changed nothing is set in stone until everything is fionished at the state finals so in order to find out which semi state is the strongest THIS year.......... we will see next weekend wont we  8)

Rankings dont mean anything sorry to burst your bubble i think there are alot of really tough wrestlers who could beat a bunch of ranked wrestlers doesnt that happen all the time anyway and then get get ranked they changed nothing is set in stone until everything is fionished at the state finals so in order to find out which semi state is the strongest THIS year.......... we will see next weekend wont we  8)

Of course message board don't mean anything either, yet he we are...  Can't debate facts only oppinions that's what makes both rankings and this board fun (very few facts to slow us down). Facts ar thread killers

Rankings are also mostly subjective, unless there is head to head to support it. Determining strength by placement is not subjective since you have to actually place. There is no guessing or conjecture as to what might happen or arguing opinions. By using placement to determine strength there are hard numbers to support the outcome. Not "I think...."

Aren't you able to see that determining strength by placement is still subjective because half of all state qualifiers, in fact do place. The placement numbers are skewed (which keeps subjectivity in play), because a kid coming from a weaker SS has a first round match-up with a wrestler from another weaker SS. The winner of that match gets credit under your system when he probably wouldn't have advanced through the stronger SS.

Maybe the best numbers to use would be which SS has more 3 & 4 seeds win on Friday night.

The 3 and 4 seed idea is pretty good. But when we have to use words like maybe and probably we are making guesses. That's the only reason it seem that the concrete numbers are the most telling. I do understand your point though. But I don't know that if a semi-state has more depth it is nessesarily stronger. Don't the top guys have to finish to prove it out?

no I wouldnt say just by one person winnign proves the semi state because as in my freshman year at 119 there was Sessa me walters and salas and we all placed being a second thirs fifth and 6th now id say merriville dominated that weight class so yeah i would say in true dominace it would have to simply be more placers and also more winners :)

The 3 and 4 seed idea is pretty good. But when we have to use words like maybe and probably we are making guesses. That's the only reason it seem that the concrete numbers are the most telling. I do understand your point though. But I don't know that if a semi-state has more depth it is nessesarily stronger. Don't the top guys have to finish to prove it out?

A simple formula would work to take your point and others into consideration. Award a point total for placing (first = 1 pt....8th = 8, a loss in the first round = 9) add them all up and the SS with the least amount of points is the strongest.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.