Kral vs. Robinson

Bruschi

They would wrestle in the first round of team regionals on Wed night.  Kral is going to have a big match against nickson or maybe even Berry in the next.  I will be surprised if Kral wrestles against Robinson that night.  What are the thoughts if you are the coach?

I would throw someone else in there with the confidence that ill be getting enough wins throughout the rest of the lineup. But then again as you said the next round he'll have nickson or berry so why not wrestle Robinson. All I can say for sure is, weds is going to be a great night of wrestling.

Two 3-1 wins for Kral in this match up. If Robinson can get some confidence and open up a bit, this could be a fun match. He's wrestled cautiously twice and lost two close decisions, time for Gelen to try something new. I think CP walks with the duel and the third meeting doesn't happen until semi-state.

If I was the coach I would wrestle Kral against both teams. I don't think he has lost against either of them. He (Kral) can send a big message if he goes out there and dominates both of them.

This staff in the past has had a track record of not wrestling Kral in big matches when the dual is not on the line, but since now he is a upperclassman I think that would be a mistake and for sure send the wrong message since Tyler seems to get upset when this has been done in the past! When you are ranked #1 as the coach or the wrestler you would not want to give the appearence that you were dodging anyone would you? :P

This staff in the past has had a track record of not wrestling Kral in big matches when the dual is not on the line, but since now he is a upperclassman I think that would be a mistake and for sure send the wrong message since Tyler seems to get upset when this has been done in the past! When you are ranked #1 as the coach or the wrestler you would not want to give the appearence that you were dodging anyone would you? :P

Robinson is a physical wrestler.  I am not sure this would be the best for the CP team against Merr though.  He wrestles maybe the second best wrestler in the state and then 1.5 hours later he wrestles Berry or Nickson.  Sure if LC was the only dual of the night or if Merr did not have a top 5 wrestler at this weight he should go against Robinson.  But what is best for the team?  The Kral/Berry match or Kral/Nickson match is going to be a huge 3 points.  

I think if the dual started at 106 and the LC match was won I don't think I would wrestle Kral against Robinson, this would be best for the team IMO.  

I would think the same thing if Merr started against LC first round.  I would not wrestle Nickson against Robinson either if the dual was won.  I just don't think it is good team strategy.  

Will be interesting to see.  

Bruschi,

I completely agree wtih your assessment of the situation.  I'm an LC guy, but the CP/LC duel will not be close.  The 3 points Kral could win/lose mean nothing overall in that match, but his potential points in the match-up with Merrillville will be crucial. 

I would still wrestle him he is 17 or 18 years old and probably in very good condition I think 1.5 hours of rest is enough to wrestle both matches.

If they do sit him out vs. LC do they also forfeit 126 vs. Ayersman

Decisions to sit big names during these matches, although warranted in some cases, may be one of the reason we lose some of the draw to our sport.  I do recall Kral wrestling Captain Jack last year in a dual that was going to be nowhere close for CP to lose.

Close dual tomorrow, hoping  the Pirates pull off the win. Good luck to both.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.