Prayer request needed.

Jacob

I would like to ask for prayers for a Shelbyville HS wrestler and good friend of the family.

Kris Uhls will be going in to have brain surgery this Thursday at Riley Hospital. Kris in addition to Shelbyville has wrestled in the Franklin Twp. Wrestling Club and Humphrey Wrestling. What I am told, this is a congenital malformation and they expect a very positive outcome. Kris and his twin brother Kyle have known my boy Travis since Kindergarten. They started wrestling together. Keep Kris and his family in your thoughts and prayers!!!

TBD aka John McMillan

a wrestler's prayer

o god of power and might

your servant jacob grappled with a heavenly messenger... and won.  immediately his named changed from jacob to israel, which means 'he who strives with god."

in the ancient sport of wrestling, help me strive: not only to do my best, but also respect my opponent and honor the rules.  away from the mat, grant my striving be to increase my faith, and my struggles with conscience always prevail unto the good.  i ask these things through christ our lord, amen.

a wrestler's prayer

o god of power and might

your servant jacob grappled with a heavenly messenger... and won.  immediately his named changed from jacob to israel, which means 'he who strives with god."

in the ancient sport of wrestling, help me strive: not only to do my best, but also respect my opponent and honor the rules.  away from the mat, grant my striving be to increase my faith, and my struggles with conscience always prevail unto the good.  i ask these things through christ our lord, amen.

Thank you...Well said

Our thoughts and prayers are with Kris and your family! I know your a close knit family as we have seen you at many spring tourneys, and my son has  competed with Tyler for a few years. We will certainly include your family in all our prayers & thoughts.

Wes & Bob Bernard

Kris will go into surgery at I believe 1:00. His mom Kathy will let my wife Becky know how things are going. I will give updates as soon as Kathy and Jeff say it is OK to do so. In the meen time they sincerely appreciate all the prayers, so please keep them coming. Kris is a terrific kid and he or any other child should have to go through this. Anybody who knows Kris, knows he will kick this thing in the butt...More later...

Becky got off the phone with Kathy a short time ago. Kris was in surgery for over 4 hours and everything went as it was supposed to. Prayer works. Thank you very much...Keep it coming, they say the next 2 weeks are very important as Kris starts to heal. This will be an ongoing process. Kris has set times over the next year when he will be returning to his doctors in order to see how he is progressing. He should be in ICU for 24 hours and home in 3-5 days. They say the most crucial times will be over the next 2 weeks. Kathy and Jeff a very thankful for your thoughts and prayers. They really appreciate all your kind thoughts and sentiments on here.

On behalf of the Shelbyville wrestling family I would like to thank everyone who has kept Kris and his family in your thoughts and prayers. Kris is an extremely tough kid. When one of my assistant coaches and I saw him last night he joked with us about how this meant he was going to have an undefeated season this year. Our thoughts and prayers also go out to those wrestlers who themselves are fighting hard to overcome some tough medical challenges. As wrestlers we are a tough breed and I believe that we can overcome anything that is put in front of us. Our thoughts and prayers are especially with the Kieffer and Estes families.

Coach Hall

We just go back from the hospital a little while ago. Kris looked great. They have had him up and doing a little bit of walking in the hallway. He sure has not lost his appetite. Ne iseating everything in sight...lol... I think he was very happy to see all the people that are coming up to visit him. Like I said he is looking fantastic. Thank God...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.