Wabash High School loses wrestler

Today at 12:04pm, Trever Williams passed away from complications unknown at this time.  Trever was a junior.  Please keep the Williams family, the Wabash wrestling family, and all the students at Wabash High School in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

I will post funeral arrangements when I know them.

Thank you.

Thoughts and prayers go out to Wabash community as well as family and friends . Trever was a good wrestler and an even better human being, this is truly sad. Our condolences.

Mike, Lynn, and David Jenkins

Trever loved the sport of wrestling more than anything.  When he was an 8th grader, he would ride the bus with the high school team on Saturdays just so he could sit and watch wrestling all day.  He couldn't get enough.  A couple of summers ago, he went to three different  camps.  He just recently started attending CIA sessions and had plans on making it to Conseco next season.  This is truly a tragedy to the community of Wabash and the Williams family...I'm not taking it to well either.  He was a sharp kid with a bright future and I will personally miss him dearly. 

Jake O'Neill

The thoughts and prayers of the Arabian Wrestling family are with you. Having been through this last fall, we know the pain you are currently experienceing. Please keep us posted on what the wrestling community can do to help and if any type of scholarship fund or funeral expense collection is undertaken. People from all across Indiana made contributions to our club and because of that we were able to assist the family with funeral expenses in our case.

Dave Cloud

PHHS Arabian Wrestling

Our little Wabash wrestling family has lost one of its best. We have all watched you from the time you were that  little guy  hanging out with the older wrestlers to being one amazing wrestler yourself! We have all grown so close over the years. This just hurts my heart so deeply. You are and always will be one of "my boys" too.

I will keep ALL of the memories in my heart forever....especially your freshman year when you and Zach made it to semi-state! I couldn't have been more proud of both of you!  Zach considered you his little "wrestling bro"...and that makes my heart smile inside.

You will be missed greatly Trever Williams!

Sonia, Zach & Austin Niccum & Grandma

This is trevs father word can't say the loss that we the family have that can never be replaced but now will be filled with the memory's of his love for the sport of wrestling ,and his dream to wrestle tsirtsis in the finals in 2012, he always set his goals high and did his best to make them come true , he is one amazing young man and for u guys that had the privilege of meeting him would agree , please keep the prayers coming

Sorry to hear that a great wrestler was lost. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Williams family. I had the chance to wrestle Trever twice in my career. In both matches, Trever left his heart on the mat. I will cherish those two matches for the continuing years of wrestling.

Kris Workman

Funeral arrangements for Trever.

Viewing:  Thursday, April 28 from 2-8pm

Grandstaff Hentgen Funeral Home

1241 Manchester Ave.

Wabash, IN

Funeral:  Wabash Middle School auditorium on Friday, April 29 at 1:30pm

It was an awesome service for an awesome kid.  The setting was really cool.  The auditorium was full, the stage set up like a dual meet with Trever's singlet in the middle of the mat.  The bench on one side of the mat had all former Wabash wrestlers/managers and on the other side was the current team, in warm ups, weight class order and leaving a chair open for Trever.  His casket sat on the floor in front with the TRC conference podium on one side and the Sectional/Regional podium on the other, both with action shots of Trever sitting on top.  It was moving to see the outreach from the wrestling community.  The tight bond that wrestling families have, shined bright yesterday.  It had to have comforted Trever's parents to see how many lives he touched in this sport. 

It was an awesome service for an awesome kid.  The setting was really cool.  The auditorium was full, the stage set up like a dual meet with Trever's singlet in the middle of the mat.  The bench on one side of the mat had all former Wabash wrestlers/managers and on the other side was the current team, in warm ups, weight class order and leaving a chair open for Trever.  His casket sat on the floor in front with the TRC conference podium on one side and the Sectional/Regional podium on the other, both with action shots of Trever sitting on top.  It was moving to see the outreach from the wrestling community.  The tight bond that wrestling families have, shined bright yesterday.  It had to have comforted Trever's parents to see how many lives he touched in this sport. 

Wow! Godspeed Trever.

Sound's live a very moving service.  Very nice of the school to come together and make it happen.  It shows how much Trever meant was to those involved.  God Bless.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.