Howe Big 10 Champ!!

munges

Can he beat Burroughs in the NCAA's?  I think he was going to have a tough time healthy and now it's going to be near impossible. 2 OT victories in the Big Ten Championships is proof he's not completely back but I have to take my hat off to him.  The fact that he's even back wrestling at a high level this season is proof he's one tough S.O.B. or a beast as the kids say.

Can he beat Burroughs in the NCAA's?  I think he was going to have a tough time healthy and now it's going to be near impossible. 2 OT victories in the Big Ten Championships is proof he's not completely back but I have to take my hat off to him.  The fact that he's even back wrestling at a high level this season is proof he's one tough S.O.B. or a beast as the kids say.

Are you basing this on his not being healthy enough to run the score up? Nothing says he can't keep the score low and win a low scoring match...as he did in the Big Tens.

Running the score up is not necessary, IF you are confident that you can keep the other person from scoring and that is your strategic decision.  I saw a coupl eof kids do that a lot this year as part of their strategy.  However, I doubt that Howe's game plan was to let two matches go into OT.  If he could have won without going into OT then it seems obvious that he would have.  I took 1oldwrestler's comment to suggest that as the evidence that Howe is not 100%.  Along with the fact that a getting back into top shape after a fairly serious hamstring injury takes a while to get back to 100%.  I suspect he is glad to have a few more days to recover and will be better each week moving ahead.

The tactical game plan by Howe and Pritzlaff I'm sure is to win matches, period.  If he's not confident opening up much right now, he picks his spots wisely, which is pretty much what he did in finals.  Never thought he was really in ANY danger.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.