Blake Roytek in Georgia

rdrodd1

Roytek wins first AAAAA title! - 2/19/2011

Blake Roytek took first place at the Georgia State AAAAA Wrestling Championships at Gwinnett Arena this afternoon! Blake beat Doyague of Collins Hills in a 6-1 decision. Roytek controlled the match and managed to raise his finger in victory as the boisterous Milton crowd counted down the final 10 seconds! He becomes the first AAAAA state wrestling champion in Milton history.

http://www.miltonwrestling.org/news.aspx?team=v

Great job Blake....

Pretty close. Barry would have been gravy, but was a pretty unlikely CHS guy after his brother's career at Cathedral. I was referring to Gino Gillum, the Cathedral starting running back and arguably the second best natural wrestler in the school to Tyler Willis. Decided not to wrestle this year. He would have been Conseco bound. I think we will get him out next year, but he missed an important year. All 4 other lads outside of Barry have been in the school and on the team: Gillum, Roytek, Neibarger, and CharlieMc. A down year for the Irish this year. . .

Blake first of all congrats on your  State-Title, you were always one of the toughest wrestlers I seen. Just don't seem that long ago you guys wrestling against each other in C.Y.O.  Hope your parents are doing well. Best of Luck

You would have some insight on this. What did it feel like wrestling in a mult-class tourney? Did you like how Indiana ran its tournament? Or do you favor Georgia multi-class?

Blake first of all congrats on your  State-Title, you were always one of the toughest wrestlers I seen. Just don't seem that long ago you guys wrestling against each other in C.Y.O.  Hope your parents are doing well. Best of Luck

You would have some insight on this. What did it feel like wrestling in a mult-class tourney? Did you like how Indiana ran its tournament? Or do you favor Georgia multi-class?

Thank you! I'm glad I didn't have to go through any of the Kiefers!

It has its ups and downs. First, I like the how the team series is classed. It gives an opportunity for the smaller schools to win a state championship. I don't really like how the individual series is classes though. I want to be able to say I was the best 135lb in the state, not the best AAAAA in the state. However, the best kids in the state all transfer to AAAA in order to get better competition and a better opportunity to go on to college. I would say that most of the AAAAA state champions would/have beat all of the other classes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.