Interesting Pairing Method - Let's Get Creative Indiana!

IntegratedCarp

Took a middle school team to Michigan for what was labeled as a 'triple dual- round robin.'  Boy, Michigan is doing some cool experiments with pairings and not just in myway.  They are doing it at the middle and high school level too.

With email had every coach provide a weight & place his wrestlers in 1 of 3 categories: advanced, medium or beginner.  They told us to bring the whole team, not just our varsity.  The assistant coach from the home team paired all advanced wrestlers into groups of 4 , medium  into groups of 4 and beginners  into groups of 4.  Three mats divided down the middle to create 6 surfaces.  Two real officials & 4 coaches served as refs.  All my guys got in three matches in just under 1 hour and 20 minutes.  Pretty cool.

We have done that at the middle school level for quite a while.  We have a tournament at Trine/Fremont where they pair up the kids based on size and skill and the kids get 3-5 matches based on their skill levels.  It is great for our newer kids to wrestle other new kids and our experienced kids get other experienced kids.  I have also ran a tournament at Culver utilizing the same theory and it is great for the kids. 

We have done that at the middle school level for quite a while.  We have a tournament at Trine/Fremont where they pair up the kids based on size and skill and the kids get 3-5 matches based on their skill levels.  It is great for our newer kids to wrestle other new kids and our experienced kids get other experienced kids.  I have also ran a tournament at Culver utilizing the same theory and it is great for the kids. 

This is wonderful information!  I am glad to hear about it.  Maybe next season we can join up.

This is great for the most part, but you always get some knuckleheads that enter there 4 year wrestler into the beginners bracket to "boost" their confidence.

Carp

You seem to know me, and maybe if we had talked at Jimtown we would understand each other better. I do not believe insulting my kids helps a thing, and insulting me gets us nowhere. You obviously have some good ideas, but possibly there are restrictions you are unfamiliar with. Cut the blanket slams and use the PM. This way maybe we can come up with ideas that would benefit eveybody.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.