Merrillville semi-state toughest weight classes

wrestlingw

I say 103.......

8 ranked wrestlers.  I say Fuqua will stand on top.  This kid has the poise of a senior and just a freshman.  Absolutely technical!

In the last week he has beat Micic twice, Buckley twice and Marciano and Garza.  All four of those kids are tough as nails.

I predict he will at least be top 4 this year at state. 

103 is probably most challenging.  130 through 152 all have quality wreslters. 

What stands out to me is how weak 160 and 171 are this year at Merrillville.  Yes, some ranked guys, but none that impressive.  If  you were to examine 160 or 171 at Merrillville for the last 20 years, then compare this group... whoo not so good.  I really doubt ANY of these guys would even get out of Merrillville in 18 of the last 20 seasons.

103 is probably most challenging.  130 through 152 all have quality wreslters. 

What stands out to me is how weak 160 and 171 are this year at Merrillville.  Yes, some ranked guys, but none that impressive.  If  you were to examine 160 or 171 at Merrillville for the last 20 years, then compare this group... whoo not so good.  I really doubt ANY of these guys would even get out of Merrillville in 18 of the last 20 seasons.

Really? I am just gonna give you 2 names Lynde and Quiroz are studs and both could be under the lights at State! and I guarantee  they both make it out any year!!!!

now that is funny, Lynde and Quiroz are looking to go back for a third time in just their JUNIOR seasons. Have you even seen these two wrestle this year or are you just running your mouth for the sake of argument? Also it's not like they went those first two years as lightweights. Both will represent the Merrillville semi-state very well!  ENOUGH SAID!

now that is funny, Lynde and Quiroz are looking to go back for a third time in just their JUNIOR seasons. Have you even seen these two wrestle this year or are you just running your mouth for the sake of argument? Also it's not like they went those first two years as lightweights. Both will represent the Merrillville semi-state very well!  ENOUGH SAID!

Just because a person can come out on top of a weak weight class, doesn't mean they are the equal of the typical SQ out of Merrillville.  Moreover, there is a serious lack of depth at 160 and 171 compared to the other classes.  There are plenty of Merrillvile SS classes in which multiple wrestlers will make noise at Conseco.  160 and 171 are NOT one of those classes.

103 by far is the toughest. Any upsets here, you never know, but a lot of these kids have wrestled 3 or 4 times this year. They should know there tendacies. Lets see if any of them done there homework, but then again sometimes when your good your just good. Some quality wrestlers at 112 that wont get out either. Some tough draws for some kids, but that is the name of the game. Have to have no weaknesses or less than your opponent.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.