Castle Sectional

Mat Medic

That was a total fluke Heritage Hills barely lost even without a 103 and in the terrible PAC conference with 3 to 4 good teams out of 9 the Gibson Southern Kids got matched up with not very good wrestlers and got sticks. Lets not forget that Heritage Hills had 5 weight class champs the most by any school in the conference

Gibson Southern also only fills 13 classes. They are without a HWT.

Haire wont beat Oser........Baehl wont beat Brown....SS wont have a sectional champ unless it Zeke Harmon so throw Wetzel out....and get this thread back on the main page

Zing... Almost right

Haire bumping to 171 to avoid Chad Welch.  Did any remind him. He will be seeing the Returning State Champion AT THE SECTIONALS?  Not to mention the Current SIAC Champ.  Haire is a good competitor, and I can see 171 being an easier path to Semi-State since the Central Sectional is not overly loaded at the weight, but 160 is really no tougher.  Just an observation.

That was a total fluke Heritage Hills barely lost even without a 103 and in the terrible PAC conference with 3 to 4 good teams out of 9 the Gibson Southern Kids got matched up with not very good wrestlers and got sticks. Lets not forget that Heritage Hills had 5 weight class champs the most by any school in the conference

That's funny.  You guys need to quit making excuses and just accept the fact you didn't win.  I overheard someone from HH today making excuses about last weekend.  Last time I checked there are more than 5 weight classes on a team so just having 5 champs doesn't mean you win.  GS had 7 kids in the finals and the others did their part to get the team win.  There was only a 5 point difference today between GS and HH so that should tell you it was no fluke.  Hats off to Castle today, they were the best team and they proved it.  Good luck to them in the team Regional. 

Buddy Riggs.......dont feel bad      Simms and welch  haven wrestled this year and its ALWAYS close

did sims not wrestle at SIAC? I knew he was hurt early in the year but havent been able to make it home to watch wrestle or keep track up here. Pre-med course load is keeping me at the library

did sims not wrestle at SIAC? I knew he was hurt early in the year but havent been able to make it home to watch wrestle or keep track up here. Pre-med course load is keeping me at the library

Yep, he wrestled. Showed a little pain and limp as well as dominating performance.

Individual scores in the finals?

103: Jacob Brown © dec. Hayden Baehl (GS) 2-0.

112: Korbin Karges (P) m-dec. Nick Myers (HH) 12-3.

119: Luke Welch © dec. Alex Hirsch (GS) 7-3.

125: Alex Griesemer (P) dec. jesse Lawalin (TC) 7-5.

130: Michael Brown © pin Levi Schulz (HH) :17.

135: Hunter Wetzel (SS) pin Cain Martin (GS) 1:10.

140: Chase Singleton (GS) dec. Jordan Mann © 8-2.

145: Anthony Seiler (B) m-dec. Zach Harpenau (HH) 14-1.

152: Doug Welch © pin Jake Woods (GS) 5:08.

160: Chad Welch © m-dec. Tyler Rickenbaugh (HH) 11-2.

171: Drake Stein (P) m-dec. Swade Oser (HH) 13-4.

189: Dalton Halbig (P) dec. Dylan Bender (HH) 7-1.

215: Jared Boehm (HH) pin Jake Barclay (SS) 3:34.

HWT: Chase Hesson (SS) Injury default Michael May (T).

3rd and 4th

103: Dakota Lutz (P) pin Cody Smith (T) 2:49.

112: Jarrod Hemmings (B) dec. Daniel Hipp (GS) 4-1.

119: Charlie Allen (B) dec. Nick Schaefer (WM) 7-0.

125: Tim Dunkel (GS) dec. Luke Dodd © 2-1.

130: Kevin Meyer (P) mdec. Tony Allen (GS) 12-2.

135: Tyler Meiring © Jordan Diamond (HH) 6-2.

140: Connor Ennis (B) dec. Sean Hatfield (P) 8-1.

145: Zeke Harmon (SS) dec. Tom Witte © 2-0.

152: Jeff Koberstein (P) pin Gabe Konerding (HH) 4:49.

160: Ryan Henrickson (TC) dec. Aaron Dehosse (P) 7-2.

171: Austin Warren © dec. Aaron Haire (B) 2-1 OT.

189: Michael Goerges (WM) pin Austin Martin (GS) 2:14.

215: Dillon Tepe (WM) dec. Logan Knight (GS) 6-4 OT.

HWT: Justin Hines (HH) dec. Cody Osborne (TC) 4:53.

Blue bolt, Haire didn't bump to 171 to avoid Welch. 171 was definatly a harder sectional than 160 at castle. Since Haire got 4th now he has Brandenstein I believe; I think that's a better draw then getting Simms at 160. I don't know who thinks he bumped to avoid Welch but Stein definatly would scare me more.

Quote from: Onthemat on Yesterday at 02:34:14 PM

Yep, he wrestled. Showed a little pain and limp as well as dominating performance.

Sims didn't wrestle the SIAC.  You are talking about the sectional.

Yeah, you're right. I overlooked the site in question. He limped a LOT at SIAC.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.