state champion coaches who have ......

sneaker

1. I think the Glogas - Ellis match ended in a 3rd period fall. I believe it was a 3 or 4 point lead at the time though. The match certainly wasn't out of contention at time of the fall.

2. Beech Grove wrestler was most likely Paul Sullivan. He was arguably one of the best wrestlers in Indiana history not to win it. He took Lance to a few very close matches in Lance's senior year.   

Yeah it was Paul Sullivan. Sully beat Ellis the summer before their senior year at freestyle State and it went to the wire that year at the Super 8.

Yeah it was Paul Sullivan. Sully beat Ellis the summer before their senior year at freestyle State and it went to the wire that year at the Super 8.

No, Paul never wrestled 98lbs. He was 105 his freshman year. Furthermore, Paul beat Lance at Central Nationals in Madison, Wisconsin which was their senior year in high school(after the IHSAA state tournament). Lance went on to win the tournament if my memory is correct. Prior to that tournament, at the Super 8, the match was tied, Paul cut Lance and wasn't able to take him down, lost by one. The only 98lbers that wrestled Glogas at that time were either Scot Dawson or Bert Bennet.

Dennis Lewis - 2x State Champ Yorktown 105lb in 1973 and 119lb in 1974.  Coached 1996 Nate Andrews 171lb State Champ NorthWood and 1997 Gary Schmucker 103lb State Champ NorthWood.

Coach Lewis also coached 1994 Trevor Andrews 171lb State Runner Up NorthWood, and 1996 Nate Schmucker 145 lb State Runner Up NorthWood.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.