charlie mcginley vs mike venezia....

sneaker

Charlie pinned #5 Boston (119) last night.  Looking good heading into the streatch.

Yeah, but Boston had taken him down once already and cut him and was going for the second take down and ended up getting switched for the pin.

Charlie pinned #5 Boston (119) last night.  Looking good heading into the streatch.

Boston was literally choked out by Charlie in a chinwhip. Charlie went for desperation move not even a minute into the match. I think (if the seeds play out right) that it'll be Boston and Mcginley in the semi's, Boston by major.

The McGinley boys are tough. If you have a ranked junior in RBoston getting thrown and pinned by a chinwhip, I think it is very possible that history can repeat itself when the money is on the line. It isn't like Charlie doesn't have a long lineage of State Finalist older brothers of which all three were multiple place-winners.

As for the weight class in the sectional, it should be the toughest at LC. It will be interesting to see who gets the #1 seed. Doesn't look like Boston now, so Venezia or McGinley will have to come through him to get to the Sectional Final for a chance at it.

Venezia vs. McGinley should be a great match if it happens. They both wrestle the exact same style. The also got to wrestle each other in the room every day at Cathedral two years ago. McGinley is a little looser in his technique, but takes more chances just like Gavin, Tommy, and Timmy did. Barnburner. Excited to see this one.

All that I know about this is that Charlie's dad makes the best Irish Stew in the world......But then again there is another little McGinley that is about 5 years old that is nothing but business on the Southside....The family keeps going......

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.