Help with questions!!!!

Ohio_guy

1. I need to know what are the rules for Indiana high school teams traveling out of state(ohio), for a tournament.

2. On what date does your season start?

3. What are the top 15 teams in the state, reguardless of division?

Thank you very much, all info will help!

1. I need to know what are the rules for Indiana high school teams traveling out of state(ohio), for a tournament.

Indiana teams can wrestle ANY Ohio teams.  The only thing that would be in question is if teams from other states were involved.  If the school they are wrestling is more than 300 miles from any Indiana border then they cannot wrestle them.  So basically if there are 5 Ohio teams and one California team, the Indiana team can wrestle everyone but California.

2. On what date does your season start?

November 15th is the first day for official matches

3. What are the top 15 teams in the state, reguardless of division?

This is last years rankings, but very close

http://www.indianamat.com/team-rankings-12510/2010/01/

OK, I found the 600 mile rule.  Still all info would be helpfull.

Why I am digging,  because we are starting a annual tournament in the 11-12 season. Like yourselves and Michigan who's high school rules prevent you from traveling to a Ironman tournament to compete, we are going to have a kick-off classic and invite the top competition from Indiana, Michigan and Ohio. We are a 2 time top 5 state placing team(09'-10') located in NW Ohio. We believe this would be a great opportunity to get out and see some different competition and see where your wrestlers stand going into your seasons!

This is not limited to the top 15 teams in your state, I am trying to get some information on your state. All inquiries are welcome.

Again thank you for your input.

Indiana and Michigan have very similar travel rules I believe. 

You are very correct. This is why this tournament would work very well with Ind. and Mich. We will also look into Kentucky, east-NE Ill, and western Pa. Which should all fall into the 600 mile round trip rule.

Could I also get 2011 school quarter ending dates(I know these will be different for many schools), just estimates.

First this event sounds like it has a lot of potential to help some of the better teams in the area that do have this travel restritions put on them.  I hope it works out.

I would love to see the rule adjusted to just say Indiana teams can not travel more than 600 miles (round trip).  Thus allowing them to face anyone who is willing to travel to inside that 300 mile distance.  If other state are good with open travel rules who are we to worry about them.  As long as Indiana teams stay within their 600 mile (round trip) boundary areas I think the purpose of the rule has been accomplished.  It would sure open up some of our top teams to invite some great out of state competition or to attend some of the nations top wrestling events.  If the worry is we would be facing too much out of state competition then just adjust to rule to says a team must face so many in-state teams in that given year or is only allow so many out of state competitions in a given year.  We shouldn't hinder some of the best teams from proving their worth just because one or two teams at the event come from beyond the boundary but the rest are well within it. 

MattM,

I agree, but with the rules as they are, we can put together a top notch tournament with the states I listed above. 

A lot of work will have to go into the planning to try and work with each states starting dates, travel rules ect.. We have some very motivated individuals associated with our wrestling program. We will get this done.

Ohio Guy,

Pleae tell Coach Naufel that Tom Clark said hello. Tell him I also want to know why he couldn't find a more experienced asstistant coach than Doc Lefler. ;D

Coach Naufel retired from coaching at the end of last season. Doc is now the head coach. My son still has Mitch for class. I will tell him to pass it along that you said hi!

awesome idea---I coached at Toledo Saint Johns----many memorable duals with Central.  Doc was coach at Saint Francis when I wrestled.  I coach at Fishers and we bring our team to the Saint Johns Tournament over the holidays

.  We would love  to get info on this once you have it---though not top 20 ---we field a competitive team.

Tim Savona

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.