Jared Brooks

CoachW33

Also a great story about former Elkhart Central state qualifier Drew Walters  making a name for himself in the MMA scene.

* Jared Brooks (Warsaw) def. Zach Sterling (Muncie), submission, second round

http://www.etruth.com/Know/News/Story.aspx?ID=520413

There tellin me my son cant fight until he is 18 Deven Jackson been kickn butt as well I seen him fight twice last week, whats up?

Congrats to lil Brooks on beating one of Devon's training partners. He looked as flashy and charismatic as he does on the mat. Couple of real nice spinning backfists. Wore the kid down and got the rear choke in. And did so giving up his usual 10 lbs. I'm pretty sure it was the third round though..! Devon had his fourth fight of the summer that night as well,4-0, 3 TKOs and 1 submission. It is my understanding that you only have to be 15 to compete as an ameteur. Like the Silver Gloves, youth is 15-17 years old. Devon's younger brother is 13 and had a grappling match (submissions only, no striking) the night of his first fight. Devon is really enjoying his training and looks to fight in Indy again on Sept. 18. He and Brooks have used their wrestling experience to get their success in the cage. Some really good pro guys in our gym that used to wrestle ... Matt Jaggers, Jeremy Motle, Josh Martin all of New Castle,  and Anthony Lapsley of Fort Wayne Snider. Tim "Maine-iac" Silvia just spent his second 6 week training camp in "little O" Muncie,IN... Mason Berryman comes in to work out with our boxing instructor. Look to see him in the cage before too long..! Devon is very deticated to MMA, but is getting ready for the Super 32 as well. He will compete on the 18th and maybe once more in October before going to the 32 and starting his high school season. After the season is over he already has big plans to go with some of his training partners three times a week to Ohio and train in Rich Franklins' gym. Its only the begining...

Congrats to lil Brooks on beating one of Devon's training partners. He looked as flashy and charismatic as he does on the mat. Couple of real nice spinning backfists. Wore the kid down and got the rear choke in. And did so giving up his usual 10 lbs. I'm pretty sure it was the third round though..! Devon had his fouth fight of the summer that night as well,4-0, 3 TKOs and 1 submission. It is my understanding that you only have to be 15 to compete as an ameteur. Like the Silver Gloves, youth is 15-17 years old. Devon's younger brother is 13 and had a grappling match (submissions only, no striking) the night of his first fight. Devon is really enjoying his training and looks to fight in Indy again on Sept. 18. He and Brooks have used their wrestling experience to get their success in the cage. Some really good pro guys in our gym that used to wrestle ... Matt Jaggers, Jeremy Motle, Josh Martin all of New Castle,  and Anthony Lapsley of Fort Wayne Snider. Tim "Maine-iac" Silva just spent his second 6 week training camp in "little O" Muncie,IN... Mason Berryman comes in to work out with our boxing instructor. Look to see him in the cage before too long..! Devon is very deticated to MMA, but is getting ready for the Super 32 as well. He will compete on the 18th and maybe once more in October before going to the 32 and starting his high school season. After the season is over he already has big plans to go with some of his training partners three times a week to Ohio and train in Rich Franklins' gym. Its only the begining...

Thats Great to hear, big fan. Keep it up Devon!! And Lil Brooks

we will put video on youtube here soon. jarred loves his MMA! He trains with Jason Fox out of Warsaw who is a  Gracie Black belt in Ju-jitsu.Jarred is 3-1 in his MMA career losing his first fight too a man 35lbs. heavier than him with 18 fights already.  since then he has been rollin throught  the competition. His most notable fight was in July against 33yr. old Vhan Fhun from Korea where Jarred displayed his boxing and mui-thai skills which are sick!!!! Brother Justin holds three belts right now at two different weight classes. 8-0 with 3 tkos, two submissions, and three unanimous decisions.Justin doesnt even train in MMA but his ground and pound is wicked!! You can catch little "Bam Bam" Brooks this Saturday night the 21st. at the Century Center in South Bend as Indiana bad boys take on the Michigan elite fighters> should be a great show with over 3000 + fans attending. Fights start at 7pm.  "Props" too Devon Jackson who is a beast in the cage! We could be seing these boys in the future making big waves in the UFC> they have what it takes too be successfull and what better way too make a quarter of a million in 15 minute of fun time!!!Have at it!!

The Century center holds the most professional show in the state! 4 huge jumbotron monitors above the cage,light show and awsome sound system!!

He is still at Warsaw and I believe he plans on staying there, he will continue fighting from my understanding til wrestling season. Deven Jackson, Andre Richards and Jake Nealy will all 3 be fighting @ The ECC8 in Indianapolis's Tendall Armory sept. 18th. Keep up the good work Jared!!Possible cage match featuring undefeated Jared Brooks vs. 10-2 Jake Nealy. The 18th or 25th of Sept.

• 2 weeks later...

He is still at Warsaw and I believe he plans on staying there, he will continue fighting from my understanding til wrestling season. Deven Jackson, Andre Richards and Jake Nealy will all 3 be fighting @ The ECC8 in Indianapolis's Tendall Armory sept. 18th. Keep up the good work Jared!!Possible cage match featuring undefeated Jared Brooks vs. 10-2 Jake Nealy. The 18th or 25th of Sept.

I believe Jarred's dad posted above that he was 3-1...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.