Indiana All Decade Team Final Information??

MattM

Did we ever finalize this list?  I noticed from early voting many people were basing it on career accomplishments instead of when the wrestlers was probably at his best level (upperclassman years).  While these wrestlers were great in any of their years it probably doesn't perfectly reflect a true all decade team.  I know TAE has compiled an all time list of sorts using over all accomplishments and records before but not sure how it spreads out based on the weights.  Wonder if Y2 or someone could spend some time compiling this list while trying to adjusting for the skewed voting.  You could always bump someone up/down a weight if two super studs just happend to fall at the same junior/senior year weight.

My opinion...

103: Clark (Franklin) 

Note: Looks like Harper got the most votes but he was a freshman.  This spot might be Phillips if we were talking about him in a couple of years as a senior rather than him as a freshman

112: Harper (Mishawaka)

Note: Angel and Hump got the most votes here, but they shouldn't be on the list multiple times.  To me, it then comes down to who was better as a sophomore Harper (3x champ) or Wright (4x finalist).

119: Eppert (Anderson Highland)

Note: Tsirtsis got the most votes, but will be on the list later.  Eppert goes in this spot ahead of Quiroga.

125: Ramos (Hobart)

Note: Angel and Hump had the most votes and will take up the next two spots.  To me it comes down Ramos or Jason Tsirtsis.  I would have to pick the senior over the freshman even though Tsirtsis beat Quiroga.

130: Humphrey (Lawrence North)

Note: Gives Howe the only loss in his career.

135: Escobedo (Griffith)

Note: 4x champ and one of Indiana's all-time best.

140: Sandefer (Mishawaka)

Note: Howe got the most votes, but I will put him later on the list.  It comes down to JT Young versus Steve Sandefer.  I will pick Sandefer since he won twice at this weight. 

145: Tsirtsis (Griffith)

Note: This is the spot for the 4x champ and one of Indiana's all-time studs.

152: Coughlin (Mater Dei)

Note: Howe got the most votes, but he will be on the list later.  Coughlin was a 2x champ at this weight.

160: Howe (Hanover Central)

Note: Howe was a 3x champ and 4x finalist and already one of the most decorated collegiate wrestlers this state has produced.

171: Maurer (Mater Dei)

Note: Maurer was a 4x champ and won twice at this weight class. 

189: Moore (Perry Meridian)

Note: Moore got the most votes and was the only person to win this weight class multiple times.

215: O'Brien (Franklin Central)

Note: O'Brien got the most votes and won this weight class three times.

285: Larimore (Merriville)

Note: Dexter got the most votes, so I will go with the crowd. 

Sounds like a respectable analysis.  Though some will always want to tweek it because we have had several talented guys in the last 10 years.  Thanks for taking the time to think this one out. 

I think alot of people voted on career performance rather than the year and weight they won state. Also people based it off of how they are doing in college. 

recent years wrestlers get more votes because people are bias towards them

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.