Single leg picked up still in the Neutral position

xam148

I have seen this situation a few times this tournament season. The offensive wrestler has a single leg picked up and they are in the neutral postion. The defensive wrestle then jumps up and into the offensive wrestler. What I am worried that is going to happen is that the defensive wrestler is going to get accidentally slammed when the offensive wrestler looses his balance or control of the defensive wrestler.

My remedy would be to immediately stop the match for potential dangerous and award the offensive wrestle 1 penalty pt since I deem the defensive wrestlers move to be avoiding wrestling.

Has anyone seen this situation? How was it called when it happened?

the solution is to take that leg up as high as you can and take him to the mat so he doesnt have a chance to jump up  ;D

but it could be potentially dangerous and i believe it should be stopped, as for the 1 point be awarded he isnt avoiding wrestling as much as trying to defend the single leg

This exact thing happened at the Jay County Regional @ 140 during the Martin/Busse match... Score tied 7-7 in the 3rd, Busse gets in deep on a single and Martin tries to flip out of it and lands hard on his back. Busse gets called for an illegal slam and they give Martin a point. Martin ended up winning 8-7. It was a very sketchy call.

i saw this in a college match with IU and Wisconsin Wisconsin kid had a deep single had it elbow deep and the IU kid tried doing a backflip to get his leg free. The Wisconsin kid hung onto the leg causing injury to the IU kid no points were awarded or penalties were given.

I have seen this situation a few times this tournament season. The offensive wrestler has a single leg picked up and they are in the neutral postion. The defensive wrestle then jumps up and into the offensive wrestler. What I am worried that is going to happen is that the defensive wrestler is going to get accidentally slammed when the offensive wrestler looses his balance or control of the defensive wrestler.

My remedy would be to immediately stop the match for potential dangerous and award the offensive wrestle 1 penalty pt since I deem the defensive wrestlers move to be avoiding wrestling.

Has anyone seen this situation? How was it called when it happened?

well,  he isn't trying to avoid wrestling, he is trying to avoid getting taken down. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.