Fort Wayne Semi State's Preview written by Joe Caprino

wrestler012345

I am sure that I am biased on this issue, but I am not sure how Daniel Meyer is not the favorite to come out of his quarter.

What is Eck's best victory?

Meyer has lost to five of the 6 guys ranked #1-#6 in the state at HWT.

He has beaten everyone else. I know rankings don't matter, but I just think a returning State Qualifier deserves a little more respect.

Nice job on the preview Joe, it was very nice and it got me pump up for Saturday. Also it seems there is a lot of mighty fine wrestling matches in that ticket round that are going to be a dandy i could maybe see a upset or two but ill wait and see for myself on Saturday.  ;D

I am sure that I am biased on this issue, but I am not sure how Daniel Meyer is not the favorite to come out of his quarter.

What is Eck's best victory?

Meyer has lost to five of the 6 guys ranked #1-#6 in the state at HWT.

He has beaten everyone else. I know rankings don't matter, but I just think a returning State Qualifier deserves a little more respect.

At least I was right on something this weekend.

Way to go Daniel. I wonder how many three-time state qualifiers there have ever been at HWT......

Meyer did own Eck.  I think you (t.b.eck) may be referring to Meyer's first match.  Did anyone else see this match?  If so, what did you think?

I like Meyer.  He is one hardworking kid.  I continue to be impressed with his strength and skill-set...good luck at state Daniel!

Meyer did own Eck.  I think you (t.b.eck) may be referring to Meyer's first match.  Did anyone else see this match?  If so, what did you think?

I like Meyer.  He is one hardworking kid.  I continue to be impressed with his strength and skill-set...good luck at state Daniel!

For those that didn't see the match, Meyer got a takedown to cut the lead to 1 with about 10 seconds left.  He then tried to let Forrest up to go for the tying takedown.  Because Forrest did not get off the mat, he was hit for a stalling point and was not awarded an escape, thus tying up the match and sending it to overtime. 

Not sure how the ref could have called it any differently than he did. 

For those that didn't see the match, Meyer got a takedown to cut the lead to 1 with about 10 seconds left.  He then tried to let Forrest up to go for the tying takedown.  Because Forrest did not get off the mat, he was hit for a stalling point and was not awarded an escape, thus tying up the match and sending it to overtime. 

Not sure how the ref could have called it any differently than he did. 

I agree. At one point in the first period, the referee did not award Meyer an escape because he even though he made complete separation, he didn't face his opponent and get to his feet.

All the kid from Jimtown had to do was stand up, while Meyer wasn't even touching him (or going to touch him), but he stayed on the mat trying to win the match on one move in the first period.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.