Tomorrows the day!!

Any good matches people are looking for, any upsets, or first round eleminations. I used to love wrestling this time of the year time to step it up boy's. 18 mins of hard wrestling this weekend is what I tell my son., and that will put you where you want to be. Best of luck to all should be some good ones.

Jay County Regional...several matches I'm looking forward to seeing...

1st Round:

112lbs.  Derek Roe (Adams Central) 32-1 vs Justin Shaw (Wes-Del) 26-5

215lbs.  Matt James (Jay County) 35-4 vs Scott Neff (Yorktown) 29-12...Neff lost 3-4 to Bultemeier (Bellmont) at Team Regional

Potential 2nd Round:

103lbs.  Benjamin Fiechter (Southern Wells) 30-5 vs Brock Bevans (Yorktown) 35-5...Bevans won earlier in the year 4-3 (takedown late in the 3rd period to win)

125lbs.  Bobby Perry (Bluffton) 29-4 vs Jordan Armantrout (Muncie Southside) 29-6

130lbs.  Carlin Horman (Bellmont) 25-10 vs Darin Fiechter (Southern Wells) 33-3...rematch of Sectional match where Horman pinned Fiechter in 3rd period after being trailing 3-0

140lbs.  Jarod Schwartz (Adams Central) 32-4 vs TJ Burnfield (South Adams) 35-5...rematch #3 I believe...Schwartz has narrowingly taken the first two

152lbs.  John Mahlan (Bellmont) 23-11 vs Grayson Smith (Norwell) 26-7...rematch #4 I believe...with Mahlan up 2-1 in the season series

152lbs.  Levi Jones (Southern Wells) 27-8 vs Caleb Smith (Yorktown) 28-10...As you may be able to tell, I'm a huge Southern Wells fan...think this will be a good match!

215lbs.  Seth Biberstine (Southern Wells) 33-2 vs Matt James (Jay County) 35-4 or Scott Neff (Yorktown) 29-12...the Biberstine/James series is tied 1-1, while Biberstine beat Neff 10-4 in their only meeting this year

285lbs.  Daniel Meyer (Bellmont) 31-4 vs Jim West (South Adams) 35-1

Potential Finals:

103lbs.  Cody Walburn (Adams Central) 28-1 vs Benjamin Fiechter (Southern Wells) 30-5 or Brock Bevans (Yorktown) 35-5...Walburn has defeated Fiechter three times this year (pin, 1-0, 3-2)...unsure if Walburn and Bevans have wrestled yet this year?

119lbs.  Phillip Gerber (Bluffton) 28-6 vs Isaiah Bradley (Muncie Southside) 29-3

130lbs.  Darin Fiecther (Southern Wells) 33-3 vs Devon Jackson (Yorktown) 41-0...Yes, Jackson won 17-2 earlier in the year, but I think this one will be much closer...hopefully with a different outcome:)!

135lbs.  Brooks Faurote (Bellmont) 32-4 vs Andrew Heistand (Yorktown) 37-1...not including his 5-4 loss to Faurote at Team Regional...the series is now tied 1-1 (Heistand beat Faurote 12-2 earlier in the year)...should be an entertaining match

215lbs.  Seth Biberstine (Southern Wells) 33-2 vs Andrew Bultemeier (Bellmont) 27-4...potential rematch from Sectional where Biberstine won 15-11

285lbs.  Daniel Meyer (Bellmont) or Jim West (South Adams) vs Ross Janney (Yorktown) 39-0

So I guess I'm looking forward to a ton of matches!!  It should be a blast!

189 1st round match ian early over andre richards dont know if you can call it an upset as early is bigger,stronger,and more athletic than richards

I have seen early wrestle and wasnt to impressed. Now i saw caliboy jr wrestle at team regionals and wow he looked impressive! Looked very light and quick on his feet i think he is on a mission to conseco! I say Andre wins by a major or more! Maybe we will get to see the Headlock  ;D

I have seen early wrestle and wasnt to impressed. Now i saw caliboy jr wrestle at team regionals and wow he looked impressive! Looked very light and quick on his feet i think he is on a mission to conseco! I say Andre wins by a major or more! Maybe we will get to see the Headlock  ;D

He is ready to put it all on the line in this match, He told me he will not walk off that mat a loser it's at home he is wrestling the best that he has wrestled all year. Everyone I have talked to has said Early is to soft for Dres attacks. Now the people who are doubting Dre have you even seen him wrestle the last two weeks. You guy's are just fueling Dre that much more. The kid has lost to Everyone Dre has beat except Sliga and I think he wrestled Duck and we have not. Dres only loses have come to ranked guy's and those were closer than the scores showed.  Thats why they wrestle, he better bring his hard hat.

He is ready to put it all on the line in this match, He told me he will not walk off that mat a loser it's at home he is wrestling the best that he has wrestled all year. Everyone I have talked to has said Early is to soft for Dres attacks. Now the people who are doubting Dre have you even seen him wrestle the last two weeks. You guy's are just fueling Dre that much more. The kid has lost to Everyone Dre has beat except Sliga and I think he wrestled Duck and we have not. Dres only loses have come to ranked guy's and those were closer than the scores showed.  Thats why they wrestle, he better bring his hard hat.

Agreed he looked real good at team regionals! Im  a Franklin fan if you  cant tell but wow did he look good! i hope to see him on Friday night at conseco! Congrats to him and all the Perry team for bringing it Wednesday!

Damon Mcellhiney(31-7) VS. Andrew Sulawske(34-5)

Zane Graper(32-5) vs. Tyler Raben(25-8)

I think these twoo matches will be very close 1st round elminations

I was very disapointed to see Mcellhiney and Sulawske wrestling first round, Both are very good wrestlers and unfortunately both seniors, that I think could advance. The match ups sometimes are just hard to swallow.  Good luck to both wrestlers.

Not sure who you were watching, but Ian Early is an animal.  I know he had a couple of bad matches, but he was fighting the flu.  He should do well at Perry on Saturday.

Well here is an interesting tidbit for your information. The same boy that dre wrestled from Franklin has also wrestled Ian. Dre only Majored him right? Well Ian Tech Fall Pinned him. You are dealing with a different animal than you probably think. Ian is far from soft. And i would have to agree with the statement saying that he is bigger stronger and more athletic than Andre. Who has he beat that ian hasnt? Ian has beaten Netherton and Poynter, and your boy alomost got beat by poynter. Ian got screwed out of the Poynter match and everyone that doesnt wear red and white will agree. And when you are battling the flu you cant really judge a loss against a pretty decent kid like Netherton. He hasnt been majored by anyone not named Duckworth all season. And as far as being ready to put it all on the line for this, SO IS IAN. Andre doesnt bring anything to the table that Ian doesnt...besides maybe a headlock. Its going to be a good match. Probably THE best opening round match. Good luck to everyone tomorrow.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.