Individual Rankings Add "Elimination" Column

RankingsGuy

the individual rankings, while they will not be updated as far as notable wins and losses in the state tournament series and the actual ranks will not change, i have added a column titled "elimination" where we can track the level of the tournament in which kids were eliminated. once they are eliminated, their name, grade, school, state experience, and notables wins and losses will appear in red, and in the column titled elimination, the week that they were eliminated in the state tournament series will be added (sectional, regional, semi-state).. i'm happy to report that every ranked wrestler who actually competed in the sectional advanced to the regional.. there were three ranked wrestlers, however, who could not compete at the sectional due to injury (stotridge, dale, and nacovski) and their elimination column says "injury"

Good addition indeed.  Not to add to much work to your day, but it would be nice to see if they were eliminated by someone non-ranked or someone ahead of them in the rankings.  We always hear that their are flaws in the rankings at the end of the year because some kids get eliminated before state.  I would say if you were eliminated by someone ranked ahead of you no that would not be a "flaw" in the rankings.  If you went as far as to see which non-ranked kid eliminated them we may find our "diamond in the rough" who eliminated the most ranked opponents.  Though that would even more more work to add to the pile.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.