Merrillville Semi State 160

rdrodd1

1. Mcmurray

2. Vlahos

3. Quiroz

4. Al White

No one in this state is gonna beat Mcmurray this year. I think he could win at 171 as well. perhaps not as a lock, but i still believe he would get it done there too. Watched Willis wrestle tonight, and i think he is the second best guy at 60. He looks really tough. Hard to believe he is only a sophomore.

1. Mcmurray

2. Vlahos

3. Quiroz

4. Al White

No one in this state is gonna beat Mcmurray this year. I think he could win at 171 as well. perhaps not as a lock, but i still believe he would get it done there too. Watched Willis wrestle tonight, and i think he is the second best guy at 60. He looks really tough. Hard to believe he is only a sophomore.

Fair statement about McMurray because he is a 2x champ. Willis must be the second best guy that you have seen wrestle at that weight. The 160 lb. weight class in the Evansville semi-state (as I am sure they all are) is loaded with talent. One in particular placed second in the Folkstyle Nationals last Spring losing only to the #1 160 lber. in the nation. This was going on at the same time McMurray was putting on a clinic at the Junior Nationals. The end result was the same for both wrestlers....2nd place losing to nationally ranked opponents and beating several great wrestlers along the way. It would be great to see Kolb and McMurray wrestle in the finals but the road there will be a long one for all in this weight class.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.