Hoosier Heritage Conference

goul149

I'm gonna go ahead and test my HHC know how and pick the champions and top three teams right now.

103 Josh Ferrell GC

112 Mason Todd PH

119 not sure. pretty open

125 Derek Bevans Y

130 Deven Jackson Y

135 Andrew Heistand Y

140 J.R. Corman NP

145 Kyle Reidling NP

152 Desman Mcginley GC

160 Jake Jennings NP

171 Michael Phelps NP

189 Ian Early GC

215 Kyle Smitherman PH

HWT Ross Janney Y

Top Teams will be 1. Yorktown 2. New Palestine 3. Pendleton Heights

I'm gonna go ahead and test my HHC know how and pick the champions and top three teams right now.

103 Josh Ferrell GC

112 Mason Todd PH

119 not sure. pretty open

125 Derek Bevans Y

130 Deven Jackson Y

135 Andrew Heistand Y

140 J.R. Corman NP

145 Kyle Reidling NP

152 Desman Mcginley GC

160 Jake Jennings NP

171 Michael Phelps NP

189 Ian Early GC

215 Kyle Smitherman PH

HWT Ross Janney Y

Top Teams will be 1. Yorktown 2. New Palestine 3. Pendleton Heights

McGinley is at 160 not 152.  Colclazier is at 152

103 -

1 Bevans Y vs FFT MV

4 Maggard R vs Bukea Sh

3 Wise PH vs Fee NP

2 Farrell GC vs Pachal D

112-

1 Gonzales D vs Messer R

4 Ruff GC vs Wright NP

3 Phillips Y vs Pease Sh

2 Todd PH vs Eastman MV

119-

1 Anspaugh Sh vs Wilson R

4 Philbert PH vs Gordon D

3 Anderson Y vs Raffaelli GC

2 Tran NP vs Gwinn MV

125-

1 Bevans Y vs Estes R

4 Wendell GC vs Ingle NP

3 Williams SH vs Rose MV

2 Eshelman PH vs Sterling D

130-

1 Jackson Y vs Anderson D

4 Mayhugh GC vs Whitely PH

3 Elsea NP vs Judd R

2 McCarhy MV vs Clark Sh

135-

1 Hiestand Y vs Quick Sh

4 Ray PH vs Webb D

3 Hunter R vs Young GC

2 Ulrey NP vs Mogollon MV

140-

1 Roach Y vs Hanna Sh

4 Sanner PH vs Hillen R

3 Newkirk MV vs FFT D

2 Corman NP vs Ruff GC

145-

1 Harper Y vs Hope MC

4 Nicholson PH vs Dawson R

3 Riedling NP vs Branson Sh

2 Heald GC vs Taylor D

152-

1 Horan NP vs Stephenson PH

4 Miers R vs Allen D

3 Geer MV vs Boucher Sh

2 Smith Y vs Colclazier GC

160-

1 Jennings NP vs Komlanc R

4 Moffitt PH vs Pirtle Sh

3 McGinley GC vs Higgins Y

2 Tackett MV vs Ray D

171-

1 Phelps NP vs Stilwell PH

4 Gruell GC vs Smyser MV

3 Castner Y vs Radtke D

2 Flannery R vs Dunkleberger Sh

189-

1 Poynter NP vs Schafer D

4 Brown Y vs Gipson PH

3 Early GC vs Suits Sh

2 McClung R vs Myers MV

215-

1 Balbach MV vs Hagen D

4 Gerals GC vs Uhls Sh

3 Neff Y vs Truster R

2 Smitherman PH vs Furr NP

285-

1 Janney Y vs Hyatt Sh

4 Prol PH vs Wilburn GC

3 Gray R vs Schafer D

2 Ross MV vs Bryan NP

Not sure if all of the spelling is correct, but I believe the seedings and matchups are correct.

Thank You

Not complaining but how did Reidling end up the 3rd seed, seems weird since he is ranked 7th in the state.

He had some losses early in the season, not sure who they were to, but I remember New Castle and Perry.  Not sure if he wrestled when NP faced GC, maybe that is why he was seeded lower.  Lately he has had some big wins vs Portage and won by fall vs Warren.   

After seeing the seedings, I think I'll give my finals predictions...

103 Farrell over Bevans

112 Gonzales over Todd

119 Anderson over Anspaugh

125 Bevans over Eschelmen

130 Jackson over McCarthy

135 Heistand over Ulrey

140 Corman over Rench

145 Reidling over Harper

152 Smith over Horan

160 Jennings over Tackett

171 Phelps over Castner

189 Pointer over McClurg

215 Smitherman over Balbach

285 Janney over Ross

hope 103 and 112 championships are as good to watch as they are on paper!!!

119 - I think Tran will be a handful, he has been bouncing between 119 and 125, 22-5 with with all losses coming vs top 16 wrestlers

Horan over Smith at 152.

189 is up for grabs Poynter majored McClurg, Early beat Poynter and McClurg beat Early.  Have never seen Brown wrestle.

Look forward to a good tourney. 

I'll try to keep you posted Navy

hope 103 and 112 championships are as good to watch as they are on paper!!!

119 - I think Tran will be a handful, he has been bouncing between 119 and 125, 22-5 with with all losses coming vs top 16 wrestlers

Horan over Smith at 152.

189 is up for grabs Poynter majored McClurg, Early beat Poynter and McClurg beat Early.   Have never seen Brown wrestle.

Look forward to a good tourney.   

I'll try to keep you posted Navy

I have a question when did McClurg beat Early?  Ian Early is 23-5 with two losses to duckworth, a loss to sliga from fishers, and then had two losses at North Central over the weekend because he was battling a pretty severe flu bug. So with a weak Rushville schedual McClurg is what? 22-1 after getting majored by  Poynter and Early beat Poynter last season pretty solidly and has only gotten better....actually i take that back and I will stand up for this kid HE IS A DIFFERENT ANIMAL THAN LAST YEAR,  if you havent seen him manhandle people the way I have this year you would agree. I will go out on a limb and say Early pins the Shelby kid then pins the Rushville kid and then hands Poynter a pretty solid loss again. I believe that he desereves that no. 1 seed, but  i guess thats why they will wrestle the matches on saturday.

I have a question when did McClurg beat Early?  Ian Early is 23-5 with two losses to duckworth, a loss to sliga from fishers, and then had two losses at North Central over the weekend because he was battling a pretty severe flu bug. So with a weak Rushville schedual McClurg is what? 22-1 after getting majored by  Poynter and Early beat Poynter last season pretty solidly and has only gotten better....actually i take that back and I will stand up for this kid HE IS A DIFFERENT ANIMAL THAN LAST YEAR,  if you havent seen him manhandle people the way I have this year you would agree. I will go out on a limb and say Early pins the Shelby kid then pins the Rushville kid and then hands Poynter a pretty solid loss again. I believe that he desereves that no. 1 seed, but  i guess thats why they will wrestle the matches on saturday.

Sorry, I was told by a Rushville parent that he beat Early.  After watching the way Poynter handled their kid, I found that hard to believe.  I saw Early at New Pal earlier this year and he looked real strong, other than the match against Duck.  Good luck Saturday!!!

Sorry, I was told by a Rushville parent that he beat Early.   After watching the way Poynter handled their kid, I found that hard to believe.   I saw Early at New Pal earlier this year and he looked real strong, other than the match against Duck.   Good luck Saturday!!!

Sorry i wasnt trying to attack you or anything. But i am just very passionate about Hancock County Wrestling. And when i hear crap like that it just it makes me quite angry. But anyway. I think the poynter v.s. early matchup will be very good seeing it was very exciting last season at sectional with people yelling and a kid almost gettting thrown out, i believe it was ians brother..not sure. But anyway good luck to everyone it is going to be very interesting to watch some weights play out and the team race as well.

Ulrey has a Tough match first round with Mogollon.  I am not taking anything away from Ulrey but Mogo is a tough wrestler.  I do not know why this is his first meet.  It might be an advantage for Ulrey but we will see. 

At 189 I know that everyone thinks Early will challenge for the title and I am not doubting he has not improved from last year.  The boy from Rushville is not a pushover.  I do not think that Rushville's schedule  is that weak.

Well GC i know has three finalists in Ferrell (103) McGinley(160) and Early (189)

The rushville boy at 189 didnt even beat the mt.vernon kid in the first round today. He would have been no match for Early. Poynter v.s. Early will be a good one like last year. As will Bevans v.s. Ferrell.

Well GC i know has three finalists in Ferrell (103) McGinley(160) and Early (189)

The rushville boy at 189 didnt even beat the mt.vernon kid in the first round today. He would have been no match for Early. Poynter v.s. Early will be a good one like last year. As will Bevans v.s. Ferrell.

Poynter got beat by Yorktown kid.  Yorktown looks awesome advancing all but 160lb into the final round.  New Pal has 4 (140) Corman, 145 Reidling, 160 Jennings, and 171 Phelps.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.