Wrestle backs

Barrq

These kids already wrestle 50+ times over a 4 month period in some cases.  How many times do they need to wrestle?   The ticket round at semi-state is exciting I would not change it.

If you win you move on if you lose you don't. 

Its postseason do or die.

This argument about the ticket round doesn't make sense to me, because do or die can come any time we want it.  If there were wrestlebacks from the quarterfinals, the new do or die round would be in the matches to see who gets to wrestle for 3rd/4th.  It would literally be one extra match for the kids that end up wrestling for 3rd and 4th (compared to now). 

Every reputable wrestling tournament in the world of any type has wrestlebacks or repechage rounds except the Indiana state tournament series.  It's strange that we wouldn't want it in our most important tournaments.

Don't forget to chop 1 minute off of the match times and wrestle 5 minute matches in the wrestleback rounds...  that way we can leave 14 minutes earlier and it carries the added bonus of putting the kids who have put in the time to make sure that their conditioning is good at a disadvantage...  Seems like a good tradeoff to me. 

Don't forget to chop 1 minute off of the match times and wrestle 5 minute matches in the wrestleback rounds...  that way we can leave 14 minutes earlier and it carries the added bonus of putting the kids who have put in the time to make sure that their conditioning is good at a disadvantage...  Seems like a good tradeoff to me. 

There's no law that the wrestlebacks have to be 5 minutes.  It's allowable to maintain 6-minute matches for something as important as semi-state wrestlebacks would be.

I do agree with you.  I think in the tournament series there should be no shortened matches. (Conditioning)

Kentucky allows 32 kids to state with Full wrestle backs.  I like our tournament series better. 

Elimination adds excitement to the ticket round at semistate and Friday night at state. 

I do agree with you.  I think in the tournament series there should be no shortened matches. (Conditioning)

Kentucky allows 32 kids to state with Full wrestle backs.  I like our tournament series better. 

Elimination adds excitement to the ticket round at semistate and Friday night at state. 

And that's what high school sports are all about, right?  Spectator excitement?

when i wrestled in Oklahoma in the state tourney in the mid 80s our wrestle backs consisted  of just the finale four wrestlers or final three if you got third and the wrestler that beat you got first you got to challenge the wrestler that lost for second. but also high school wrestling consisted of just 10, 11, 12th grades freshman's wrestled with Jr high

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.