Crawfordsville Sectionals

stickittoem

Irrelevant to what?  I actually enjoy discussions that are derived from predictions. Thus, in my mind predictions are certainly not irrelevant.

I live in W. Central Indiana so I'm gonna be a bit homerish in wanting to know the latest and greatest about the teams and wrestlers from my section of the state.

If "predictions" were replaced with "rankings" would you be ok with that?

Irrelevant to what?  I actually enjoy discussions that are derived from predictions. Thus, in my mind predictions are certainly not irrelevant.

I live in W. Central Indiana so I'm gonna be a bit homerish in wanting to know the latest and greatest about the teams and wrestlers from my section of the state.

If "predictions" were replaced with "rankings" would you be ok with that?

Nope, I think that rankings are irrelevant as well. They are just opinions, and we all know what they say about opinions. Is the conversation that is generated by rankings and predictions entertaining, sometimes. Do they do any good. Slightly if you could get someone besides the wrestling community to look at them they might generate some exposure for the sport, but otherwise it is just something to pass the time until wrestling actually starts.

Fair enough TD. I guess its safe to say that you won't be adding anything else to this thread then.

I hope some discussion does form on this subject so I can learn a bit more about the wrestlers in my area.

I agree that Fountain Central will be extremely competetive this year. Are all of their underclassmen back from last years team?

Whitlow should be fun to watch as well from Southmont. On a Southmont note does anyone know if Hodges went to college. If so, where did he go, and is he wrestling?

Whitlow is a stud and Southmont tends to reload pretty well.  I always enjoyed watching Hodges, one of the slickest, craftiest guys with that body type I've ever seen. I've learned not to underestimate the Crawfordstucky-area kids--they've produced some nice talent for a while now.

Fair enough TD. I guess its safe to say that you won't be adding anything else to this thread then.

I did nto say I would not be part of irrelevant behavior or discussions, just that they are irrelevant. I personally do enjoy reading what everyone thinks, but that does not change the fact that opinions, rankings, predictions are irrelevant. And since I dont have a dog in this fight, it helps me to keep up with who is doing what. That may be the single biggest advantage to them. It allows people that are no longer in the sport to stay up on who is and isnt doing well.

I hope some discussion does form on this subject so I can learn a bit more about the wrestlers in my area.

I agree that Fountain Central will be extremely competetive this year. Are all of their underclassmen back from last years team?

Whitlow should be fun to watch as well from Southmont. On a Southmont note does anyone know if Hodges went to college. If so, where did he go, and is he wrestling?

Most of Fountain Central's underclassmen are back.  I've been talking with Trent Spear's dad and he MIGHT not wrestle, but he missed last year with an ACL injury anyway.  Andrew Mitchell got hurt in football but from what I'm hearing he should be in wrestling shape before too much longer.  Haven't heard much about anyone otherwise because the Mustangs are still playing football.

That squad last year only had two seniors (Chase Minick and Derek Jackson) and this year they'll have three (four if Trent wrestles this year).

Thanks for the info Stephen.  The Mustangs were fun to watch last year and I'm looking forward to seeing them again this season.  They have really turned around that program in a BIG way.  Good Luck this Friday Fountain Central!

Thanks for the info Stephen.  The Mustangs were fun to watch last year and I'm looking forward to seeing them again this season.  They have really turned around that program in a BIG way.  Good Luck this Friday Fountain Central!

I can't say enough about what Coach Shoaf and Coach Deel have done with that team.  Shoaf came back when I was a sophomore and we had maybe 8 people (somewhere around there).  Deel joined him I think it was my junior year and we had about 11 or so.  My senior year we were like one short of a full team and had a couple JV wrestlers to go along with it.  Now it seems like they have more than enough to go around and I think interest in the Mustang Wrestling program is greater than the basketball team and swim team put together.  And I love it.

When I'm home on leave from the military over the holidays I plan on helping out up in the wrestling room (mainly so I have an excuse to go running before practice to keep myself in shape).  I might be able to provide some small details about the team.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.