Are you in favor of allowing the refs to wear gray shirts?

Y2CJ41

awood2.... I think from the side of the Officials you've preatty much hit the ol' nail on the head.After all there are many issues here that need to be looked at.I know when I was e-mailed about this issue I responed that I didn't care to get involved (for several reasons) I was then told that I would be a yes vote.So I really have a seriouse quistion about the vote count,I believe we need a recount.But then I guess it doesn't matter, as if the ISHAA really wanted to knowthey know how to do there owen surveies.As for all the other opinions offered----well lets not open that can of worms

I guess if you're one of the people caught in the middle of the debate (like awood2 was), it's a can of worms.  From the outside looking in (like awood3), it's more like a barrel of monkeys (kinda funny).  I know, I know...go ahead and click the boo button.

The first thing that I ever read regarding officiating is that as an official you do not want to be noticed.  The grey shirts help in that way.  That is why I'm in favor of them.  If it were a fashion issue...the stripes make my beer belly look much better.  I quess I can care less either way.

No offense taken on the last comment made to my post.  I agree with not being part of the problem and suggesting solutions.  So, here goes...

1.  When you have an event where there are uncertified officials  (even certified officials for which we have a couple from our area, who never officiate the local team matches at the Conference, Sectional, Regional, Semi-State or State matches) they must all publish the following prior to being accepted as an official for said tournament.

a.  Said officials should make team/club affiliations known up front.

b.  Officials hometown should be published next to the wall charts (no contact info or anything like that.)

3.  In the event, that the match will be delayed, and the only available official (to avoid delays) has club or family ties, this should be made known at the time the wrestlers check-in at the table.

4.  Both wrestling teams ( at the time of disclosure of the officials position) have the right to accept or refuse the official.

We have good officials (and I have been in this business for over 11 years), we need to protect them as well as protect the "home-cooking" that we see far too often.

No offense taken on the last comment made to my post.  I agree with not being part of the problem and suggesting solutions.  So, here goes...

1.  When you have an event where there are uncertified officials  (even certified officials for which we have a couple from our area, who never officiate the local team matches at the Conference, Sectional, Regional, Semi-State or State matches) they must all publish the following prior to being accepted as an official for said tournament.

a.   Said officials should make team/club affiliations known up front.

b.  Officials hometown should be published next to the wall charts (no contact info or anything like that.)

3.  In the event, that the match will be delayed, and the only available official (to avoid delays) has club or family ties, this should be made known at the time the wrestlers check-in at the table.

4.  Both wrestling teams ( at the time of disclosure of the officials position) have the right to accept or refuse the official.

We have good officials (and I have been in this business for over 11 years), we need to protect them as well as protect the "home-cooking" that we see far too often.

Do we have that many officials now?  Back when I was an official there was a massive shortage, and I was offered contracts even after disclosing that I would be working at a bar until 4AM.

There are currently 389 licensed IHSAA wrestling officials, and another 27 pending applications for the upcoming test. Granted, several of those 389 are not active, are coaches, are retired, don't officiate, or all of the above. There are 128 officials needed to work the sectional each year (4 officials at each of the 32 sectionals), and there are generally between 125-135 that apply.

I don't care if they wear pink shirts as long as the calls are good!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I saw this and I have to ask, do you mean good, or that they go in your teams way?.....lol.

Sorry but I had to ask it.

No I mean good calls!!! If our kids lose thats the way it goes!!!

Nobody wants to lose because of a bad call!!!!!!!!!!!

Define "BAD CALL".

The theory is: "Don't put yourself in the position where a referee can 'decide' the match".

TheAncientElder (TAE)

The Imperial Potentate and Grand Poobah of Classless wrestling in Indiana.

I wear my Fez with pride.

www.theancientelder.net

[/quote

You are correct TAE, but it happens!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.