USAW Folkstyle Nationals: Cedar Falls, IA

lpd096

Wow! What a great weekend for Indiana Wrestling!

I saw Chad Red win it all in a great match and I also saw Drew Hughes come up just a hair short of winning a National Title. Nate Cleveland (Lowell) won a National Title at 215lbs for the Juniors and from what I saw, Indiana had All-Americans everywhere!

At 80lb Novice: Tucker (3rd), Rypel (5th), and Crary (6th) reached All-American status. This division had 7 state champs and a total of 45 kids in the bracket! Great job, boys!

Lowell's Lucas Finger earned 8th place at Intermediate 50lbs; Way to go, Lucas!

Bloomington's Griffin Schermer reached the medals stand as well. Great job!

I know there are a lot more but this is who I personally saw in action.

Indiana wrestling is on its way up!  :) :) :)

Indiana continues to put more kids on the podium in Cedar Falls each year!!! Ya gotta love it!!! Congratulations to all the kids that competed, and a big high five to all the Indiana wrestlers that are now 2009 USA All-Americans!!!!

The Crary's

Congrats - Chad Red national champion- red cobra novice 65

Nathan Walton national champion red cobra intermediate 80

Bryce Baumgartner national champion- CIA intermediate 87

I was speaking with Nick Reenan's father (National Champion at Novice 80lbs) and they live in the Dallas area, just north of the city. Mr. Reenan told me that he thought Indiana was moving up into the upper-level of states for wrestling from what he has seen over the past several years! He kept saying, "You guys from Indiana are tough and are improving every year".

Being a guy from Texas and him telling me that really felt good. I really feel that the ISWA, the parents, athletes, coaches, etc. are moving in the right direction!! Keep up the great work!!

We had a great time in Iowa.  It was impressive to see 3 Indiana boys in the top 8 at Novice 80.

Congrats to Red Cobra Wrestlers this weekend:

Intermediate division team winners

Champions:

Chad Red and Nathan Walton

All Americans:

Blake Rypel

Demi Allen

Brayton Lee

Connor Dwyer

Congrats to all of the other IN wrestlers that competed.

Two kids from the same household, going after a repeat performance as defending  nationals champs came up just short with  Gable Steveson int. 103 winning again and Bobby Steveson coming up with a heck of a finals match losing in o.t. also note indiana had runners up at school boy 136 clayton fiddler 144 steveson and 152 michael bates congradulations to these wrestlers. 

I was speaking with Nick Reenan's father (National Champion at Novice 80lbs) and they live in the Dallas area, just north of the city. Mr. Reenan told me that he thought Indiana was moving up into the upper-level of states for wrestling from what he has seen over the past several years! He kept saying, "You guys from Indiana are tough and are improving every year".

Being a guy from Texas and him telling me that really felt good. I really feel that the ISWA, the parents, athletes, coaches, etc. are moving in the right direction!! Keep up the great work!!

There's some good wrestling in Texas as well. What club was he with?  We have wrestled at the Dollamar Cotton bowl several times, and it brings in kids from all over TX, OK, NM, AZ, and GA. Congrats to all!

Nick Reenan is with "BEST TRAINED" but has spent a lot of time with Kenny Monday and his club. Reenan most likely will be attending Dallas Bishop Lynch H.S., one of the best programs in the nation. Him and his father are great folks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.