What's everyone's view on...

NickS

CLASS WRESTLING???  I've been looking through the pages and having difficulty finding anything on this controversial subject.  Can some of you give me your opinions on this please?  Y2, Karl, Mansvwild, where do you guys stand on this subject?

I would not mind seeing the Team portion classed, but feel the individual portion should be left alone, for now.  I have read the numerous rants about why class is better or why classless is better.  It is always brought up how our surrounding states are the big dogs when it comes to wrestling and they have success in a class system.  I do think we are closing the gap, and part of the reason is the mainstreaming of our folkstyle at the lower levels.  I do not recall having any folkstyle until I arrivied in middle school when I wrestled.  Overall I see the quality of mat wrestling definitely improving in Indiana, which is IMO instrumental to succeed at the next level.  We are starting to see more kids recruited in-state and around.  Is it where we would like it, no, but it seems to be improving.  I know some one is going to ask the rehtorical(sp?) question "Wouldn't class wrestling improve it even more?"  Maybe it will, maybe it will not.  That is a huge step I think to class the indivdual sport and think there are other things that need to be fixed before we attempt to class our sport.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.