CROWN POINT WRESTLING CLUB

WillyLee

I'm starting a wrestling club in Crown Point.  Good old fashioned wrestling.  We've got the mats and the space.  Anybody tough enough?  Reply, and we'll send you some info.

My thoughts, seeing alot of local matches lately, I'm not sure there's enough people good enough to start this club.  Anybody up for it?

-WillyLee

Why do you need a club?  You should just wait until the kids are high school age, and move all the good wrestlers in instead of building a traditions or sense of community.  ...At least that is the consensus of most of this board!

What are you trying to say, Wildcat?  Bill Hawkins and many other CP coaches and parents busted their asses to help get the kids to a point where they would be able to compete at a high level in high school.  Most of the kids on this CP team came up the ranks learning how to wrestle through the CP lightning program while Bill was the main guy running it.  All the hard work certainly paid off big time.  From your comments, it seems like you just want to totally discount this fact because a couple of really good kids wanted to come and compete on the CP team too (and they did so following the rules set forth by the IHSAA).  I am sure those kids, their club coaches and parents busted their asses too and wanted to compete for a successful program.  I don't see how that takes away from the sense of tradition and community.  Every team that gets on top is accused of this.  I have been reading the indiana wrestling message board for years and it is always the same.  MD, Mishawaka, Merrillville, Portage (in their hay day), etc. all get bashed every year because people want to call them cheaters.  It's all just sour grapes because someone else is where you wish that your team would be. 

Why do you need a club?  You should just wait until the kids are high school age, and move all the good wrestlers in instead of building a traditions or sense of community.  ...At least that is the consensus of most of this board!

What are you trying to say, Wildcat?  Bill Hawkins and many other CP coaches and parents busted their asses to help get the kids to a point where they would be able to compete at a high level in high school.  Most of the kids on this CP team came up the ranks learning how to wrestle through the CP lightning program while Bill was the main guy running it.  All the hard work certainly paid off big time.  From your comments, it seems like you just want to totally discount this fact because a couple of really good kids wanted to come and compete on the CP team too (and they did so following the rules set forth by the IHSAA).  I am sure those kids, their club coaches and parents busted their asses too and wanted to compete for a successful program.  I don't see how that takes away from the sense of tradition and community.  Every team that gets on top is accused of this.  I have been reading the indiana wrestling message board for years and it is always the same.  MD, Mishawaka, Merrillville, Portage (in their hay day), etc. all get bashed every year because people want to call them cheaters.  It's all just sour grapes because someone else is where you wish that your team would be. 

Really....is profanity needed on these boards?  I can understand being passionate about a topic, but if you stoop to the level of using profane language on a message board for anyone to read, does it make you any better than the person you were trying to call out????

Really....is profanity needed on these boards?  I can understand being passionate about a topic, but if you stoop to the level of using profane language on a message board for anyone to read, does it make you any better than the person you were trying to call out????

profanity? 

i didn't see any profanity in that post.

Roy - I didn't say anything about Bill. In addition, (to head off posts that would be following this one!) I did not wrestle J.V. for four years, I do not hate Crown Point, I am not jealous of their success, and I never said they recruited. Seriously, please read my posts before you all attack me!  I didn't even mention the name "Crown Point" in the post!

My comment was on the mindset of the people on this board that you do not need to build programs, you should move around to wherever you think suits you best, instead of building a team and sense of community. It was an attack on their logic, not on C.P. 

Now that that's settled, I guess we will have to agree to disagree that moving to whatever school you want to compete for takes away from sense of community.

profanity? 

Are you blind? 

profanity? 

Are you blind? 

they say the word "ass"  on prime time television.  i hardly think that qualifies as profanity. 

if you saw a couple of "s" words or "f" words in there i would be with you.  but, prafanity?  really?

and royboy, you need to asses the use of the word asses