2008 Champs vs. 2009 Champs

Scardy94

Sean you have definately "proved" yourself to me.

I really enjoy watching you wrestle and I was clapping when you won.

Oh and can you imagine how "lucky" you will be when you are under the lights again next year.

Congrats.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CanOPaint-  1.  Sean wrestled his heart out against Galka 2 years ago in the state finals and won the match fair and square. Did Galka beat him handily the week before, and would Galka have won at least 8 out of 10? Yes, but that Friday night was McMurray's match.  2. Quiroz is obviously not a "pud" because he beat some exceptional wrestlers to make it under the lights, as did McMurray.  I don't understand how Sean hasn't proven himself to you?  2 state titles as a junior is not impressive? 

I don't usually respond to posts about Sean but I feel compelled. I really don't see where you (CanOpaint7) come off attacking my son, a 17 year old kid. In ways maybe Sean hasn't proven himself, but let me just say that as his Dad, I know he works his ass off all year. During the high school season he practice every morning before school, every evening after school and has at least 3 other private workouts a week besides his meets. Also 2 high schools state titles,  9  various ISWA state titles, a middle school state title plus he has placed at Va. Beach, Tulsa, Cedar Falls & Fargo. Not to mention that while wrestling on various Team Indiana teams (Middle School Duals, Schoolboy duals, Cadet Duals & High School duals) he has a combined 3 losses. He has beaten nationally ranked kids, and he has been beaten by nationall ranked kids.  Last time I counted he has 8 All-American certificates. Also last year Sean beat all ranked kids in route to his title & this year he beat the #2, #4 & the #9. He also beat the #3 (2X). So Mr. CanOpaint7 you must be hard to impress. I am very proud of my son. He has worked hard and it has not come easy. He has overcame injuries and wrestled with injuries & through sickness! Don't get me wrong I know he is no different than other top wrestlers. That is what sets them apart, Hard Work, Drive, Determination & a little cockiness. Unless you(CanOpaint7) are willing to come on the board and be positive, you should stay off. I guess that is why you choose to remain anonymous. I would be willing to discuss all this Face to Face with you. Anyway, Sean or any other of the 13 IHSAA State Champs don't deserve your insults.

"McMurray is in my opinion The best pound for pound wrestler in the state by far. He is a Lock at whatever weight he decides he would like to win state at next year."

Sean is a great wrestler but come on.... saying things like this just make you look silly.  Of the best 20 or so wrestlers no one is BY FAR the best pound for pound wrestler (not that you can really even compare people across weight classes anyway.  No one is a lock at any weight.  Cashe, Wright, and Harper all lost this year... saying he is a lock at any weight he chooses is just dumb.

I don't see Baker beating Woods.  Not to take anything away from Baker, he is a heck of a wrestler.  But I have never seen anyone dominate a defending state champ like Woods did last year against Malone.  It was funny watching the guys in the consoles go out of bounds and taking forever getting back to center because they were watching Woods take Malone down easily.  Speaking of Woods, is he wrestling in college anywhere?

It was pretty close last year( I just re-watched it ) . Chico scored an escape that was pretty questionable folowed by a TD .If no escape would have been awarded then what ? Plus the 2009 Chalfant is a little bigger and a little better . IMO Chalfant by 4 .

If no escape would have been awarded then I would've got it in the third.. How would he have gotten better? By all of his off season work that he put in? Lol last year if I neeeded a takedown or an escape to win, then I got it.. In my matches, just because the score was close doesn't mean the match was close.. I highly doubt that he would score 4 offensive points on me.. The only way he would get 4 is if I cut him 4 times.. Don't mean to sound like a jerk about it either

It was pretty close last year( I just re-watched it ) . Chico scored an escape that was pretty questionable folowed by a TD .If no escape would have been awarded then what ? Plus the 2009 Chalfant is a little bigger and a little better . IMO Chalfant by 4 .

If no escape would have been awarded then I would've got it in the third.. How would he have gotten better? By all of his off season work that he put in? Lol last year if I neeeded a takedown or an escape to win, then I got it.. In my matches, just because the score was close doesn't mean the match was close.. I highly doubt that he would score 4 offensive points on me.. The only way he would get 4 is if I cut him 4 times.. Don't mean to sound like a jerk about it either

Were you there by his side the whole offseason? Do you know if he participated in any wrestling in the offseason? Were  you in the Winchester wrestling room all season? Heck were you at the state finals this year? No one ever said you weren't a great wrestler. You are and always will be one of the best HWT's from Indiana. I give you props for your style and heart. Kinda wrong to come on here and say a kid didn't work in the offseason, UNLESS you were right there by his side the whole time! JMO

I think it would be a really close match. Chalfant is a beast, but Chico knows how to win close matches. Chico I'm sorry man but i think this years Chalfant would beat you. I think if you guys wrestled 100 times it might end up being something like 45/55 him.

Guest KoKo B-Ware

Chic...you won 3-2 in a close match.  Chalfant ran through the field this year. 

I mean nothing against you, you won a title or two in your time, but hey saying that Chalfant could only score if you let him up??

REALLY...are you fo' real?  Get some class...just because he won doesn't mean you have to start "PRICKIN" it up and saying how much better you are and how he isn't good?  Its tough to say that a STATE champion isn't good...its tough to look at a guy like Chalfant and see what he has done all year and say "He isn't really good, he didn't improve"  I think his closest match all year was 4 points....in the Finals he pinned two guys and beat WHITE pretty easy. 

I think you should show up at an AAU tourney and let Chalfant know you are coming and you guys should go at it...if ya got that balls.  I mean that would draw a HUGE crowd.

Everyone on here knows you can TALK THE TALK, but can you put your Wrestling skills where your MOUTH is??

I would agree that if they wrestled just 10 times...I think Chalfant comes out with 6 wins and Chico with 4.  So over a hundred it would be like 55 to 45 or 60 to 40.  Sorry Chic...just lookin' at the REALITY of it all.

Like it was said before you do not have to compete in off-season tournaments to improve. You can improve speed, agility, balance, etc. in workouts with coaches, partners, or yourself. You can go to camps without people knowing. I'm not taking anything away from you. I loved watching you wrestle, and would love to watch you wrestle again. It was just my opinion that I think this years Chalfant would win.

Ok here is the breakdown.

Chico is good, real good.

Chalfant is a beast and can wrestle.

Chico only beat Fitzgerald 1-0 last year

Chalfant beat the kid that beat Fitzgerald 3-1

Chico beat Chalfant by a score of 3-2 last year

Chalfant beat White by a score of 7-2 this year

Last year Chico had 2 Dec. by only 1 pt victories

This year Chalfant had 2 Dec. by 5-1 and 7-2

I am not saying which is better or worse...I am not saying that Chalfant is worse or better or vice versa

I would say that Chalfant is stronger than Chico this year.  I would say that Chalfant is quicker at a shot than Chico this year.

I take Chalfant in a 5-3 victory.

Overall after 100 matches, I think Chico comes out on top...52 to 48.

I guess its been a while since I've been on the indianamat wedsite, Ill start off by sayin that no I wasn't at any off season wrestling events, but that doesnt mean that I did not improved. Wrestling isn't the only thing that I have going for me. One thing that really set me off while I was reading everything... you on here doing a lot of TALKIN. It was uncalled for to say that the only way that I would score 4 points was you letting me up 4 times. KoKo had a really great comment.  Now tell me what you think? We all can talk big, there is only one way to settle this and we all know what that is....... Most guys would have dropped the issue and congratulated the next state champ.  If you want to wrestle me again lets meet up at one of the AAU tournments.

I guess its been a while since I've been on the indianamat wedsite, Ill start off by sayin that no I wasn't at any off season wrestling events, but that doesnt mean that I did not improved. Wrestling isn't the only thing that I have going for me. One thing that really set me off while I was reading everything... you on here doing a lot of TALKIN. It was uncalled for to say that the only way that I would score 4 points was you letting me up 4 times. KoKo had a really great comment.  Now tell me what you think? We all can talk big, there is only one way to settle this and we all know what that is....... Most guys would have dropped the issue and congratulated the next state champ.  If you want to wrestle me again lets meet up at one of the AAU tournments.

It was fun to watch you these past couple years.  Please tell me your wrestling somewhere next year?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.